Chapter 3

-My mind begins to wonder about the beast the way his eyes just pierced through me there was something about him that caused me to want more... the way he stood tall and strong. His presence alone brought shivers down my spine and my body to be filled with adrenaline.

I paused thinking of what a beautiful memory....

I had worn the dress along with the mask that was sent to me I looked... different. I heard a knock at the door that caused me to flinch. I slowly opened the door and saw a carriage waiting for me. I let out a deep breath as I helped myself in moving my dress out of the way. Moments later the carriage began to move towards the castle. I let out a slight scream as the carriage began to rise off the ground and begin to fly. I looked out of the window in fear of falling. The lights of the towns below glowed as I looked upon the great beyond of our town and dark forest, I saw something that caused my eyes to water.

the sun had set as the light that shined upon the earth was now fading and the night's beauty began to rise. Somethings I have never seen before the skies began to sparkle as the magic in the air flowed around us.

I felt a sudden nausea as the carriage began to descend to the kingdom of the vampires. As we came to a stop the door opened revealing a tall white castle I looked around as my eyes widened seeing all the magical creatures walking into the castle... everything felt so beautiful and happy... until I remember I was human. "Out! You filthy human" I heard a guard say as I was yanked by my arm.

I held my arm as I was suddenly pushed towards a group of humans. "Hello, I'm Elaine," I said shyly as a girl who was shaking in hopes I could comfort her. She turned towards me. "Hi... my name is Grace," she said as she smiled slightly. "everything's going to be ok," I say hugging her, she hugged me back in desperate hopes of feeling safe...If only it was true.

"Follow me ladies and gentlemen" a voice startled us as we all began to walk. Where are they taking us...? I thought to myself as a guard guided us towards two closed doors. We stood outside as the man turned towards us. We stood in silence as a boy started to freak out "Please I don't want to be here" he yelled as he tried to run away only to have the rest of the humans including myself scream. The poor boy didn't even stand a chance against those vicious vampires. His neck was snapped within seconds then dragged off where no one can see.

"Now that everything is... settled. any questions?" he spoke in a low voice almost threatening.

All the humans were silent. "I-I have a question... why are we here?" I said nervously as all eyes were on me then back to the vampire. "Glad you asked, you have all been chosen by your town as the most beautiful or most handsome to which we believe you may have a significant other within the supernatural/magical kingdoms if all goes well, you'll be fine... if not well... you'll find out later" he smiled with his fangs in full view. All the humans were frozen with fear. My heartbeat continued to thud against my chest, I held my arms around myself in hopes to stop my trembling.

I... was the town's sacrifice.... They knew from the beginning that I was going to die didn't they... they chose the only odd one living near the dark forest with no family I assumed. My mind wandered to Moddy and Victoria, did they know... were they playing me like a fool the whole time...I smiled slightly in pity as a wave of anxiety flowed through my rapidly beating chest taking in a deep breath to calm me down.

"Enjoy the ball," a man said snapping me out of my thoughts. The double doors began to open to reveal all the magical creatures together, fairies, mermaids, werewolves, witches, vampires and more I didn't even know about. "Fascinating isn't it," someone said causing me to jump. "My apologies for startling you, my name is Dexter I'm a" before he could finish my eyes widened as I whispered "Fairy" although fairies carry beauty if vexed, they can do terrible things.