Chapter 4

-

My eyes begin to flutter open as I notice myself wrapped in a blanket of warmth. I let out a happy sigh but only to instantly jump as the memories of the ball flow back into me causing me to become nauseous. I take in my surrounding to see a dark and enchanting room before me my eyes scan my surroundings and stop at a very dark corner of the room. My body froze and a sudden pair of glowing eyes start back at me.

Without breaking eye contact I slowly remove the blanket from my body thankfully I'm still in the clothes I had worn. I place my feet on the cold floor only to hear a very low growl causing me to freeze once again. As moments goes by, I then lift myself off the bed to where I'm now standing.

Very slowly I gently walk closer and closer to the beast until I'm only a few feet away from his dark corner. "That is far enough" he spoke in a very rough and rich voice. My body shivers as I gave him a gentle smile. "Thank you for saving me-" I gently say as he immediately responds with "I wasn't saving you!" I took a step back at his rough tone causing his eyes to almost change colour once again.

"T-then why did you come?" I ask as I look to the floor... silence lingered between us as I bit my lip only to hear his breath hitching. I immediately look up to now see he stands only inches before me his masculine manly features now exposed from the light that shined onto his perfectly featured face. My breath hitches and my heart skip a beat at his sudden movements. I hear him mumble something from what sounds like an ancient language.

I let out a gasp as the sudden pain of my neck burns through me. I feel my knees become weak as my body begins to fall. I feel his arm now wrapped around my small waist as his body is now pressed against me, I instantly place my hand on his large muscular chest. He lowered his lips to my neck where the Vampire King has bitten me and done the unexpected. He kissed my neck causing me to moan slightly then sucked on my injury. He held me tightly.

His hands trace around my face feeling the warmth radiate off his body. "Sleep" he gently whispers almost sad... my body begins to feel heavy as I feel my hold on him begin to weaken. "When you awaken this will only be a simple dream" his whispers flow into my head as I desperately try to fight it wanting to stay with him. "P-Please I don't want to.... go," I say as my eyes slowly begin to shut only to see his eyes widen at my words...

***

Slowly regaining consciousness, I let out a small yawn as I stretch my arms out. I look around to see that I'm in my house.... I had the strangest of dreams...about the beast. I let out a chuckle how ridiculous does that sound... my smile slowly fades as my heart feels like it's being squeezed... why do I feel, hurt?

I don't recall any memory of returning from the ball although the dress I had worn is placed on the chair. Hmm, interesting.

I slowly begin to remember something from the ball

*Flashback*

All the humans were silent. "I-I have a question... why are we here?" I said nervously as all eyes were on me then back to the vampire. "Glad you asked, you have all been chosen by your town as the most beautiful or most handsome to which we believe you may have a significant other within the supernatural/magical kingdoms if all goes well, you'll be fine if not well... you'll find out later" he smiled with his fangs in full view.

I... was the town's sacrifice....

*Flashback Over*

My heart began to hammer against my chest as I quickly grabbed my clothes and made my way over to the village. The townspeople looked at me in horror as though I had murdered someone... I began to clench my fists as I hold my dress tightly. Nausea began to swell around my stomach.