Chapter 62

Stiles is glad he was able to help Liam to feel more secure and calmer. But Isaac is beginning to worry him, with how jumpy he is. So, Stiles makes his way over to Isaac and Derek to check on them and make sure they're doing okay and to figure out what's going on with Isaac. As Stiles gets closer he realises that Isaac's scent is soured by anxiety and he frowns, Isaac is glancing all over the place and looks less panicked than Liam did, but every time someone from Satomi's pack moves he flinches a little bit.

Because of how anxious Isaac is, Derek stays close to him and refuses to move unless Isaac does. Stiles isn't really sure what's going on, but he figures he might be able to ease some of Isaac's anxieties.

"Isaac, what's going on?" Stiles questions and Isaac glances at him and whines. Stiles stares for a second before stepping closer.

Isaac closes the distance and leans against Stiles, placing his face in Stiles' neck, and Stiles isn't sure what this is, but he sends affection and acceptance, and calm through the pack bond. Isaac whines again and begins to nuzzle Stiles neck, so Stiles rubs along his back, trying to soothe and scent marking at the same time. Isaac slowly begins to relax, but he refusing to let go of Stiles during that time. Stiles allows him to stay where he is, afraid of triggering Isaac into a panic attack or anything of the like.

Stiles shares a glance with Derek a raises an eyebrow, but Derek just shrugs and Stiles frowns again. What is bothering the pup so much? Stiles' wolf begins to rumble soothingly, hoping to calm the pup faster, so they can figure out what happened and why he's reacting with so much anxiety.

"You could've came and got me, you know." Stiles says softly, and Isaac's arms tighten. Stiles tightens his in response, he sends calmness through the bond again. "I'm not angry, Isaac and you aren't a burden to me, or anyone else in this pack. We're all here for you, you got that?" Stiles asks, and Isaac nods before slowly backing away from Stiles.

"I'm sorry." Isaac states, wiping at his eyes.

"You have nothing to apologize for, you wanna tell me what happened?" Stiles prompt softly and Isaac nods and clears his throat.

"I um, I don't really know. When you told us we were coming here, my wolf got restless, I thought it was nothing but then I couldn't sit still and I couldn't calm myself down. I was going to tell you, but I didn't want to interrupt your conversation with Alpha Satomi." Isaac explains rubbing the back of his neck.

"Next time, tell me as soon as you start feeling off, even if you have to interrupt me." Stiles says, pulling Isaac in gently by the back of his neck and pressing their foreheads together like he did with Liam.

He rubs his thumb along the back of his neck too, scent marking and trying to ground him. Stiles isn't really sure how to help here, if they were back at the loft it would be easier, but they're trying to get to know Satomi's pack, so maybe Isaac should stay with Derek over here, get used to the surroundings and join when he's ready. Or should Stiles be forcing him to join the conversation instead. He doesn't really think that would be helpful and his wolf growls at the thought.

"Okay, your wolf is probably just nervous in front of new people that it perceives as threats, just stay over here with Derek and get used to your surroundings. Join in when you feel ready and just try to relax, if you need anything you come to me, or talk with one of the pack." Stiles decides and Isaac nods, Stiles is reluctant to leave Isaac but knows he has to speak with Satomi.

He checks with Derek quick to make sure he's okay and then keeps a constant stream of calm filtering through their pack bonds. He heads back over to Satomi, to see she's been watching him interact with his Betas with a smile on her face. Stiles heads back over and smiles back, Satomi pats his shoulder lightly.

"You're good with them, keep them centred and calm," Satomi starts and Stiles raises an eyebrow. "It's what an Alpha is supposed to do, something my pack noticed Scott never did, as he couldn't control his own wolf during Lacrosse games without you there to pull him away." Satomi continues and Stiles grimaces.

"The Alpha spark that transferred from Scott told me he never really accepted it, neglected it really. Which makes it a little difficult to be his Alpha in return, but we're gonna have to work to get him to accept being a werewolf and go from there." Stiles explains and Satomi frowns. 

"Your wolf communicates with you?" Satomi questions, at Stiles' nod her brows furrowed a little more. "That's not a common thing among bitten wolves, I've heard of some born wolves being able to communicate with their wolves, but bitten wolves have only ever said they felt their wolves presence and instincts guiding them." Satomi looks a little amazed herself as she rattles this information out. 

Stiles bites at his lip for a second, "Could it be because Scott became a True Alpha?" Stiles asks, he's not sure Satomi will be able to answer that. Even to born wolves True Alphas are somewhat of a mystery. 

"I couldn't really say, True Alphas are such a rare occurrence, but from what we know about them, wolves manifest a True Alpha spark if they are fearing for a packmates life and are desperate to get to them, or at least that's one theory. Many packs have different theories and it depends if they've seen the transformation or not." Satomi explains and Stiles nods and runs a hand along his chin as he thinks.

"So maybe this spark was more sentient than others?" Stiles wonders, and Satomi nods.

"Perhaps, or you just bonded and the wolf knows your trustworthy. Keep in mind that the spark seen you through Scott's eyes first, which means that it would've seen all your qualities and faults. It picked you for a reason Stiles, and I'm sure it chose right, just from the way I've seen you interact with your pack." Satomi smiles at him warmly and Stiles flushes.

"Thank you," Stiles smiles, "But I just think the wolf is too adorable to ignore, I don't know how Scott turned such a wonderful creature away." Stiles' wolf purrs in answer and Stiles grins. 

He's so glad he took the Alpha spark from Scott, he thinks the pack will be able to make it this time around by working together properly, like a pack should.