Chapter 41

Stiles snaps out of whatever trancelike state he was in, to catch Peter's arm before it lands on his shoulder. Peter is obviously surprised, Stiles can feel it through the pack bond, and when Peter jumps out of his skin. Stiles grins at him, releasing his wrist.

"What's up Creeper Wolf?" Stiles laughs, Peter regards Stiles for a minute.

"Just checking on you," Peter admits, shrugging. "You were out of it for a minute, I couldn't feel anything wrong through the pack bond, but I just wanted to make sure." Peter ducks his head sheepishly, Stiles smiles at him.

"I'm good, just had to see what was up with my wolf." Stiles reassures, reaching a hand out to run it through Peter's hair, he leans into it, but stares at Stiles with a confused expression.

"How does that work anyways?" Peter questions, with a tilt of his head. "I heard you telling Isaac about your wolf, but I still don't get it." Peter continues, and Stiles shrugs.

"Got me dude, I know just as much as you do, if not less. But he's there, and I can talk to him, and he's almost as protective as you guys." Stiles snickers, and Peter smirks.

"No one could be more protective then Derek and I," Peter states smugly, and Stiles' wolf grumbles.

It makes Stiles laugh, Peter shoots him a strange look, and Stiles shakes his head.

"My wolf just disagreed with you," Stiles doubles over, clutching his stomach. "Oh, that was priceless." Peter shakes his head fondly, and pulls Stiles closer to him. Stiles straightens, hugging Peter, Peter is such a hugger.

Stiles smiles, scent marking Peter, Peter rubs his nose in the curve of Stiles' neck, with a satisfied sound. Stiles' wolf purrs in contentment at the treatment, and Stiles grins. The rest of the pack are leaving the loft, and Stiles is glad that it'll just be him and the Hales. It makes him feel a little bad, but his wolf just purrs at him, his wolf seems to agree with him.

Peter steps backs, smiling fondly. Stiles snorts at him, and ruffles his hair teasingly, Peter scowls at the gesture which makes Stiles laugh. Peter grins mischievously, and lunges toward Stiles before tickling him, Stiles tries to keep a straight face, he tries not to laugh. It doesn't last long, Stiles bursts out laughing and begins to squirm. 

Peter smirks, while backing away, and Stiles grins at him. Peter goes upstairs before Stiles can get him back, making Stiles smirk smugly. Stiles turns to see Derek standing by the door, seeing out Scott and Alison. 

Stiles will have to talk to Derek about having them in the pack, him and Peter both. Erica, and Boyd Stiles will talk to separately. Stiles isn't sure how Derek, or Peter for that matter, will feel about having them in the pack. Scott rejected Peter when he was an Alpha, and even though Peter's never said it, Stiles knows there's a part of Peter that hurts because of that rejection. 

As for Derek, Scott used him when he was an Alpha to bite Gerard, and Stiles isn't sure that's something Derek will ever forgive Scott for. Alison is a whole other case, she's an Argent, and well she may not be responsible for her family's crimes, there's a level of distrust in her. She's shot at both Derek and Peter, although shooting at Peter was because Peter was feral. Stiles still isn't sure Peter will forgive that thought, in fact he's a little surprised Peter has forgiven Stiles. 

Derek finishes talking to Scott, and Alison. He turns to Stiles and smiles, Stiles' heart skips a beat. Why does Derek not smile like that all the time? Ahh, Stiles wants to take a picture of that smile. Derek walks over to him, and pulls him into a hug.

Stiles wraps his arms around Derek in return, and rubs his nose into the curve of Derek neck. Scent marking him, and Derek tilts his neck, allowing Stiles more access. Stiles tightens his arms, and Derek pulls him closer.

"What's up Sour Wolf?" Stiles questions, and Derek shrugs.

"I just haven't been able to check up on you yet," Derek steps back, and picks up his bandaged arm. "Melissa did a good job wrapping this up." He muses, Stiles nods.

"Yeah, I think she's getting to used to it, she did it so fast. That and she wasn't that surprised, just gave me an earful as usual." Stiles laughs, Derek smiles again, and Stiles coughs cheeks turning pink.

"Yeah, I didn't even see her leave." Derek agrees, and Stiles shrugs.

"I think that was purposeful, she had another shift tonight too." Stiles answers, and Derek nods.

"You almost gave Peter and I a heart attack, fighting another wolf I mean," Derek blurts, and Stiles stares at him, before he can say anything Derek's talking again. "I mean, of course you can handle yourself, it's just, well it scared me. If it wasn't for Peter's hand on my wrist, I'm not sure what I would've done." Derek admits sheepishly, and Stiles gaps at him. 

"You, I mean, wait," Stiles shakes his head, trying to clear his thoughts. "You were about to jump into the fight yourself?" Derek shrugs.

"Duh, I didn't want you to get hurt." Derek's eyes widen all of a sudden. "Not that I think you're weak, or anything like that." He rubs the back of his neck, while Stiles just stares at him.

"Wouldn't that have been like, a no no. Jumping into the fight a mean." Stiles scratches his head, and Derek sighs.

"Technically, yeah. It would show the other wolf, that as one of your Betas, I didn't believe you could fight on your own, it would show weakness." Derek winces, and Stiles nods.

"That's kind of dumb, but I can see that being a thing." Derek laughs at that response, and relaxes a little bit. "You guys really are protective." Stiles states, causing Derek to grin at him.

"Well of course, you're our Alpha." Derek murmurs, pulling him into another hug. "Sorry, I'm just really glad you weren't too badly hurt." Derek says, and Stiles snickers.

"I won't complain, I love hugs, as you should know." Stiles pulls Derek closer, and sighs contently. 

They stay like that for a minute, just holding each other, and Stiles feels happy to stay like this forever. Derek's arms are warm, and he's holding Stiles tightly. Not to mention, Derek always smells really good, with his heightened senses he realises that he can identify each smell. Derek smells like lemon, the earth, and happiness. 

Derek pulls back slightly, their noses are brushing, and Stiles catches Derek's eyes fall to his lips before making eye contact with him. Stiles turns pink, hoping Derek is about to do what Stiles thinks he is. Derek leans closer, and Stiles' eyes flutter shut, he leans closer to Derek. Their lips meet in the middle, and it's awkward at first.

But then, Derek licks along Stiles' lips and Stiles opens his mouth willingly, the kiss deepens. Stiles can't help the small moan that escapes his lips, Derek's lips are soft, and warm against his own, and then Derek's teeth graze his lip, and Stiles feels a pleasant shiver run through him.

Is he still standing? He feels like he's in heaven, he never wants Derek's lips to part with his, ever.