Chapter 18

Peter and Derek remain silent on their feet, they creep towards the cabin. There's one heartbeat inside, and Peter can't wait to feel her blood on his claws. She doesn't even seem to sense them coming, and Peter really wonders how desperte, or crazy this witch could be. She's being too reckless, and Peter thinks that maybe, just maybe it's all an act.

That she wanted to be found, that she wanted Peter and Derek to come after her. Peter tries to brush the thought away, but he really doesn't know why else this witch would be so stupid. She's a powerful person, but without knowing about people coming, that could be the end of her, and she should know that, she should've known about being in werewolf territory.

When they get to the door, the witch begins to approach the door. Her footsteps echo through Peter's ears, and he's not sure if she knows they're there, or if she just happens to be going out as they arrive. The door to the cabin swings open, and Derek and Peter stay on the edge of the walls. She would need to lean out to be able to see either of them, and Peter hopes it's him she finds first.

"Hello boys, I've been waiting for you," she drawls smoothly, and Peter isn't sure if they should come out or stay hidden. "Well no need to stay just beside the wall there, come on in." She smirks widely, and Derek gets a sudden bad feeling about all of this.

Peter and Derek exchange a look, they nod at each other and head inside. The cabin is small, and it looks more like a hut. But Peter doesn't even know what to think about all the animal organs she has laying around the place, there are jars lining all of the shelves and they all seem to have an organ inside of it. They aren't human that much Peter can tell, both by smell and just how much bigger, or smaller the organs are compared to human ones.

Peter casts a glance and sees Derek making a face at the jars, before turning his gaze on Peter himself. The witch stands in front of them as they stand in the doorway, Peter isn't sure if she knows they're werewolves or not, but he doesn't really care. He wonders if she knows why they are there at all, and how she knew they were there.

The witch is short, with long, silky, black hair, and dark brown eyes. She doesn't introduce herself, or even seem like she's going to say anything to either of them. Peter can feel Derek's anger burning through the pack bond, and for once Peter's not sure if it's just Derek's emotions he's feeling.

"What did you do to our spark?" Derek demands, and her eyes light up.

"Oh, he's powerful isn't he!" She says delightfully, Derek growls. "I just need to borrow some of his power, it won't kill him." She smiles brightly at Derek.

"You mean steal it." Peter states bluntly, and the witch laughs.

"Call it what you want." She answers, Peter lifts a lip in a sneer at her.

"Well, you better break it." Derek reports with a hard stare. The witch stares at him for a second and then turns her gaze onto Peter, before she begins laughing.

When neither of them laugh with her, her whole expression changes. Her eyes are hard, and her mouth turns downward, she doesn't look too pleased with the thought.

"You're joking right?" She simply asks, Derek and Peter stare her down.

"Definitely not, he's our pack. We wouldn't joke about that." Peter declares and the witch turns her brown eyes on him. Her eyes are dark and Derek doesn't like them, they're nothing like Stiles', which are a warm brown. Stiles' eyes also sometimes look gold in the right lighting, Derek wishes Stiles would wake up.

"Well, that isn't going to happen, mutt." She mocks, and Derek grins. He was rather hoping it would come down to a fight, and apparently so was his Uncle. Peter has one of his smirks in place, and when Derek was on the receiving end of that one, he nearly shit himself.

"Either you detach the connection yourself, or we'll kill you and force the connection to be broken." Derek remarks, like they're talking about the weather.

The witch doesn't even blink, she flips her coal locks over her shoulder and stares them down.

"Try me." She challenges, and really she should know better than to challenge a wolf.

They stare at her for a brief second, before charging. They don't need to confirm the attack with each other, if the witch isn't willing to remove her connection with Stiles, they'll force it to be removed. Stiles needs to get better, and having someone draining him of his spark everyday isn't good for him.

They attack together, unleashing their claws and swiping at her. When one isn't trying to catch her with claws, the other is. She conjures fire and tries to hit one of them with it, but they're so synchronized that she can't hit either of them and ends up missing. She gets frustrated, and casts the fire around her in a circle so neither of them can get to her.

Peter may fear fire, and being burned, but he will not allow fire to take his pack again. That's something he vowed to never let happen again, if he was able to stop it. Peter walks through the flames, and the witches eyes widen, but so do Derek's. He stalks forward, claws sharp and waiting to feel blood. She casts useless spells at him, and Peter doesn't understand how this witch could be so weak.

Derek advances from behind the witch, he runs through the flames and catches her arms. She jumps and starts to thrash around in his arms, not wanting to die, but refusing to let the spark out of her grasp. She kicks and moves as much as she can to try to get Derek off, but none of it works. Peter smirks something manic, and then slices his claws through the vulnerable skin at her neck.

Hot blood oozes down Peter's claws and wrist, his smirk widens and Derek feels a weight lifted off his chest. The witch's eyes bulge in surprise, Derek releases her and her hands come up to her throat covering them in blood. She chokes and then falls to the floor, blood leaking everywhere. Peter grins, and glances at Derek.

"Well, I think our job is done." Peter speaks suddenly, and Derek turns to him.

Derek smiles, "yeah. I guess it is." Derek is the first to leave the hut, he really wants to see Stiles. Peter casts one last glance at the witches body and then takes his leave. He really can't wait to see Stiles and banter with him, or just cuddle him, anything really.

______

Noah yawns around his cup of coffee as he heads back to Stiles' room, the kids fever hasn't gotten better, but at least it hasn't gotten worse. The wolves left a while ago now, and Noah wonders where it is they've gone, and if they've gotten into trouble somewhere.

Noah pushes open the door to Stiles' hospital room, Stiles is still laying there, just as Noah had expected. He goes to the chair by the bedside and eases himself into it, he hold the warm cup of coffee close, his hands are cold. Now that he thinks about it, the room is colder than when he left, Noah gets up to check the temperature in the room, it's surprisingly at 21 degrees celsius.

Noah glances at Stiles, but he seems fine. Stiles isn't shivering or sweating, despite the apparent heat in the room, and to how cold it is in the room. Noah decides he should go get a nurse, cause this is ridiculous, if they have bad temperature in a room then they shouldn't put a patient in there.

Stiles shifts, the first he's moved since his screaming fit. The lights begin to flicker and Stiles bolts upright and screams, the lights burst, sparks flying everywhere. Before Stiles falls back into the bed with a sigh of what sounds like relief.

Noah sighs, supernatural shit will be the death of one Noah Stilinski.