Chapter 65

Things have been good, Stiles and Derek told Stiles' Dad about their relationship and he took it well, threats aside. Satomi and her pack have been meeting with them every week or two and the members of Stiles' pack that were a little weary at first opened up, much to Stiles' delight. He's told them multiple times how proud he is of them, and even though they whine that he says it too much, Stiles can feel their pride over the pack bond.

Satomi was rather impressed with Stiles because it only took a couple months to get his pack to begin to trust each other again. They have all grown, both as individuals and closer to each other, Stiles is so proud of them. He just hopes that they continue to stick together and work as a team as they have been.

________________

Isaac sighs, the Nemeton has been drawing all sorts of supernatural creatures that have been giving them trouble. It's been a pain trying to clean up after each of these people, Stiles has been running around the border of the Preserve just trying to make sure people know the territory is taken, and to patrol. So far it hasn't really done anything, more supernatural creatures continue to come and screw their lives up.

It's been an exhausting, just last week they had a bunch of  chimeras, which are really irritating to fight because you can't contain them with mountain ash like you can with most creatures. This week a feral kanima popped up and started attacking people, Stiles wants it dealt with fast, but Scott continues to argue that they can't just kill the poor thing, it's still human and all.

Isaac really wishes there was a way for the Nemeton wouldn't draw so much attention to Beacon Hills, but that's what their pack meeting tonight is about. Well, that and Scott is trying to convince Stiles to change his mind, if Scott were smart he'd pay attention to the pack bonds. Stiles is getting frustrated with Scott and the blow up will come any minute now.

"Scott!" Stiles growls and all movement in the room ceases, there it is. "Enough, if you don't like the way I run this pack, you're free to leave at any time." Scott looks taken aback for a minute.

"Stiles, you can't just kill the kanima, it hasn't harmed anyone and for all we know the kanima is being controlled by someone." Scott protests again and Stiles groans.

"I tried doing it your way, we've tried everything we can to see if there was a 'Master', we couldn't find anything. So unless you have proof about it being controlled lay off." Stiles snaps and Scott growls quietly before going to pout in a corner.

Stiles has a policy that if any of them have a problem with a decision he makes that they talk to him about it. That doesn't mean they have to bring it up in front of everyone, but bringing it up to him so they can try to come to a common ground and see what works. Scott's been bringing this stuff up since the first batch of supernaturals started coming into Beacon Hills and causing trouble.

Isaac is surprised Stiles hasn't snapped before now, and frankly Isaac can tell that everyone is starting to get really tired of Scott bringing it up all the time. It's become a constant issue and Scott doesn't feel the need to censor his thoughts, or just speak to Stiles about it privately. Isaac knows it bothers Stiles because Scott is acting like the Alpha when he gave up that right. 

Isaac sighs as Scott turns with a hurt look to sit beside Kira, who doesn't even turn to try and comfort him. Isaac isn't that surprised.

___________________

Lydia thinks this is a waste of time, she understands why Stiles needs to give the option of bringing up anything that the pack doesn't agree about and compromising, but Scott is taking it too far. If he really thinks Stiles will change his mind just because Scott and Stiles are like brothers, Lydia will simply laugh in his face. 

Everyone is beginning to become frustrated with him and she's glad Stiles finally snapped at him. It honestly took him too long to actually snap at Scott, he should've done it ages ago, they would've saved so much time. Not to mention, they would've already made a decision on how to deal with new threats.

Lydia isn't sure how they are going to face any new threats if Scott keeps objecting to the ways in which they do it. Lydia knows Scott doesn't want want to leave the pack, but if it comes down to choosing between his morals or the pack, well Lydia is pretty sure she knows what he'll pick.

______________________

Jackson doesn't care either way what happens to the threats in town as long as their dealt with and not actively attacking people. McCall on the other hand, well he's causing stress among the pack, it's fraying the pack bonds and he isn't sure how much longer Stiles can go without outright attacking Scott. Jackson knows Stiles has lots of patience, but Scott has really been testing it recently. Jackson also knows that Stiles doesn't want his leadership to be like a dictatorship, he wants their opinions and thoughts on things, he wants communication. 

Jackson understand that, but listening to him and McCall bicker has his teeth on edge, it makes him want to rip into McCall and he isn't really sure why. He knows that he views Stiles as his Alpha, but it seems like an extreme reaction to have either way. Jackson sighs, this will take forever.

_____________________

Scott doesn't understand what Stiles is missing, they can't just go around killing other supernatural creatures. Stiles talks about communication all the time within the pack, but he never tries to communicate with the creatures they encounter. Scott would himself but he knows that would be overstepping his role in the pack. Either way, Scott is starting to regret giving Stiles the spark to begin with, he doesn't want to tell Stiles this, but it's true in a way. 

It's not even that Scott doesn't trust Stiles with the spark, it's just that Scott never really thought he would be so good at it, but also so brutal. He's doing what hunters are, and unfortunately for Scott, Stiles also has Chris' approval, something he never got Alpha or not. Stiles is capable, Scott knows this, but he's always been brutal when it comes to attacks against people he loves. Scott should know, he punched the jerk who stole Scott's inhaler after giving Scott the back up one he had in his bag.

The point is, Scott should've known better than to give Stiles the spark. He should've known Stiles would turn and use it to harm others that attacked his town, or people he loves. Scott feels like an idiot, but he doesn't know how to tell Stiles to give him the spark back. Maybe he should talk to Satomi about this.

_______________________

Satomi isn't really sure how Scott survived as an Alpha, of course with the way he thinks he's lucky he didn't run into any other more experienced Alphas. They probably would've killed him and taken his territory, he's too nice to be an Alpha. 

Satomi knows it's hard to accept, she had to make tough decisions when she became the Alpha, but Stiles is making the right choices. Since he's become the Alpha of Beacon Hills, she's barely heard of any problems and there has only been one attack for each threat because Stiles acts fast. Satomi knows it's working because her own territory isn't being over run with threats left and right. Stiles deals with them and they're gone.

"Scott, you realise that the way Stiles is doing things means there's only one attack and then it's dealt with right?" Satomi raises an eyebrow at the boy and puts a hand up to stop him from saying anything, "Now, not only have the attack rates be reduced, Stiles only ever attacks supernatural creatures that have attacked humans first. Now, whether you believe him or not, he does actually try to talk with them first. The only difference is that he doesn't let them go after talking with them, he gives them a choice. They either leave, or the pack deals with them." Scott does look a little surprised by that.

"But don't some of them need to attack humans, like isn't it part of their nature?" Scott demands and Satomi sighs.

"No, when we went underground because of humans we all found ways to survive that appeased us and was safe for everyone involved." Satomi answers, this feels like it will take a while to get through Scott's head. 

"Why don't you ask Stiles if you can shadow our pack for a week or two, then you'll see how other packs work and if there's still an issue, then you and Stiles can work it out when you have the bigger picture." Satomi suggests, and Scott looks nervous suddenly. 

"I'll talk to him about it." Scott responds, and Satomi smiles softly.