Chapter 44

Stiles, Derek, and Peter end up cuddled in Derek's bed until about lunch time, they were all just too comfortable to move. Peter gets up first, with the promise of making some food for them, Derek gets up next muttering about needing the washroom. Stiles stays in the bed thinking. 

They should probably have a pack meeting soon, and Stiles needs to talk to Scott and see if he's going to join his pack, or not. Stiles will need time to get in contact with Ito, and give her time to process the request and see if she'll take Scott in. It would be a big thing to ask of him. Stiles sighs, and sits up, he feels along the bonds, tugging at each one experimentally. 

Derek and Peter's are by far the strongest, and surprisingly, Stiles can feel Isaac, Erica, Boyd, and Liam more than the others. They have a long way to go, Stiles wants all of them to experience strong bonds to everyone, he wants them to feel connected. Stiles plunks at he weaker bonds gently, nudging them and watching them grow brightly.

"What do you guys think about having a pack meeting tonight?" Stiles asks, and if another human were in the room, it would look like Stiles is talking to himself. Stiles knows the Hale's will hear him, so he doesn't raise his voice too much.

"Sounds like a plan, anything specific going on?" Derek questions, and he doesn't raise his voice either, Stiles really likes this new hearing thing. It's really cool, and now they don't have to shout back and forth through the house.

Stiles hums, "I think we need to sort some rifts in the pack, I'm going to have to talk to Scott before the meeting, see if he's alright joining the pack." Stiles mutters the last part mostly to himself, "Yes Peter, that includes your rift with Scott." Stiles adds as he hears Peter open his mouth.

Stiles can feel his displeasure at that over the bond, but Peter doesn't argue. Just sort of sulks, Stiles can tell he's pouting without actually looking at him, he sends his sympathy through the bond, and sighs.

"I'm not asking you guys to be best friends, you know that, I just want everyone in the pack to have proper bonds, and if it means you and Scott get along better, and have each other's backs, I'm not complaining. But, also, then you can fix whatever hurt I know you've been bottling since Scott rejected you as an Alpha." Stiles explains patiently, and Peter sighs.

"I know, and I appreciate you looking out for me, for the pack. Just don't expect me to be happy about it, and that doesn't mean I won't try, but you know how Scott steps on my toes, it's irritating." Peter responds, he sounds a little worried that Stiles will yell at him or something.

Stiles makes his way down the stairs, ear on Peter's heartbeat, that sounds a little too fast, Stiles smiles softly. Peter is such a worrywart, Stiles walks into the kitchen with that smile still on his face, Peter relaxes a little at the smile. Stiles walks up to Peter, and opens his arms invitingly. Peter shakes his head, but wakes forward into Stiles' arms, and they stand there hugging for a second.

"I don't expect you to be happy about it, but Derek and I will be there, the whole time. And if Scott really is joining the pack, then I'll keep him in line, you know that. I'll make sure it's a civil conversation." Peter raises a brow at that, and Stiles can't help the little grin that slips onto his lips. "Well, as civil as werewolves can be then." Peter smirks then with a roll of his eyes.

"Thank you." Peter responds softly, and Stiles smiles at him.

________________________

Stiles decides to go to Scott's house earlier than he knows the pack meeting will be, no doubt he'll have to talk to Scott about some stuff. Stiles knows how Scott is, he'll want to say something about Peter, and how could Stiles accept him into his pack, and blah blah blah. Stiles won't allow Scott to insult his Beta, so if that's where this is going Scott better prepare for an argument.

Surprisingly, when Stiles enters with the key he has, Scott tackles him in a hug. It doesn't surprise Stiles, he'd heard Scott's footsteps before he'd even reached Stiles, but Stiles is still a bit surprised. Stiles hesitantly wraps his arms around Scott, wondering what the hell is going on, Scott rubs his nose along Stiles' throat, and his wolf grumbles about Scott be possessive. Another surprising thing is that, his wolf doesn't react otherwise, and Stiles takes advantage of that. 

Stiles brings Scott closer to him, and rubs his nose against Scott's throat, his wolf growls at him a little, reminding him Scott hasn't chosen to be in the pack yet. He really can't help it though, so he hugs Scott tighter, hoping that Scott will join his pack, and Scott's arms tighten before he opens his mouth to say something.

"Of course I want to be in your pack, we're brothers." Scott whines, there's something else there, but Stiles feels so happy that he ignores it until Scott decides he's going to actually mention it.

"Is that a yes then?" Stiles questions, and he doesn't move from the hug, because if it's not a yes, if there's a but coming, Stiles doesn't want Scott to see his face.

"Of course it's a yes, I can't believe you ever thought I'd say no. I may not like that Peter's in the pack, but I'll try, for you." Scott pats his shoulder, and then leans in to scent mark Stiles again. Stiles returns the scent marking, and then he thinks he better step back and complete the bond.

Stiles keeps a hand on the back of Scott's neck, and leans their foreheads against each other. Scott doesn't hesitate to lean into the contact, Stiles' wolf is yipping playfully, and Stiles smiles widely.

"I accept you as my Beta, Scott." Stiles whispers, and the bond flares, big and bright. It snaps into place with so much love and affection, it takes Stiles a minute to realise that he's feeling both of their feelings. Stiles lets a stray tear fall, he's so happy. "I'm glad you chose my pack, buddy." Scott smiles at him.

"As if I'd chose anyone else." Stiles feels more tears coming, and he laughs softly. Scott pulls him into another hug, muttering about emotional Alphas, they hold each other like that for awhile.

Stiles feels something in his chest ease, Scott's pack bond to him is strong, and that eases Stiles anxiety some. This can work, this pack will make it, and protect everyone in Beacon Hills while their at it.