Chapter 11

Stiles sighs and tightens his grip on the Jeep's steering wheel, Peter is being unusually cryptic and won't tell Stiles, or Derek, his theory. Stiles thinks he must have gone to seen Deaton recently and picked up a thing or two.

Peter pats his shoulder. "Stiles, relax." He tells him, Stiles raises an eyebrow at him. He glances at Derek through the rear views mirror, who's sitting in the back seat with a raised brow.

"Says the one who's taking us to see Deaton, a man that none of us tolerate because of how cryptic he is, and you won't even tell us why." Stiles exclaims and Derek snorts. Peter smirks at the both of them.

"Maybe he'll know why you're seeing our memories." Peter simply comments, Derek groans.

They pull into the parking lot to Deaton's clinic and Stiles sighs. He gets out of the car and follows Peter to the door, they go in and Deaton lets them come into the back right away. Stiles doesn't know what Deaton's going to do about any of this.

"What seems to be the problem?" Deaton eyes the three of them, and Stiles turns to Peter.

"Well, I thought it would be best to consult you about," Peter pauses and glances at Stiles. "Stiles' problem." Deaton raises an eyebrow at him.

Stiles sighs and decides to take over for Peter. "When we were in the loft," Stiles starts motioning to Peter and Derek.

"I seen a memory of theirs, before the fire." Stiles sighs and looks at the two requesting to reveal the memory to Deaton. When they both confirm it to be okay, Stiles tells Deaton the details of the memory. He listens intently and frowns in thought at certain parts, but doesn't interrupt Stiles.

"Interesting." Deaton grins and Stiles shoots Derek a look that he returns.

"Interesting how? I literally just told you that I can see people's memories without wanting to, or meaning to. And your response to that is interesting?" Stiles exclaims, Stiles can see Peter smirk and he glares.

"Well, Stiles. I believe you may have a spark of sorts." Deaton responds, as if Stiles is supposed to know what the hell that is. Stiles stares at Deaton blankly, hoping to show him that he really isn't catching on.

"He's saying that you have magic." Peter states bluntly, Stiles turns his blank stare to him. Stiles doesn't even blink, he just raises an eyebrow at Peter.

"Well, not magic magic, but close enough." Deaton intervenes and Stiles frowns.

"What do you mean, 'not magic magic,' is it magic or isn't it." Stiles demands, Derek smiles at Stiles.

"It's a type of magic yes, but not like the Harry Potter sort." Deaton clarifies, Stiles stares at him.

"So." Stiles trails off, still not understanding Deaton's cryptic ways.

"So, you can use magic, but you don't need to use spells to perform the magic. It lives within you and you can use it at any time, once you learn to control it." Deaton explains, and Derek stares at Deaton.

"Couldn't you have led with that?" Derek questions, Stiles nods in agreement. Seriously, he's just overdoing it at this point.

Stiles doesn't want to be here anymore than he has to, they know he's a spark so can they leave already. Deaton continues to talk though and Stiles wants to just walk out, but bites his tongue.

"I think we should train you, make sure you know how to use these powers." Deaton smiles, and Stiles gives Peter a look.

"Well, Deaton. Stiles has a lot to think about. I think we'll be going now." Peter replies curtly and Deaton nods, smiling warmly. Stiles doesn't want to spend anymore time with Deaton than is needed, he really doesn't like him.

Stiles is so thankful Peter gets to the point and doesn't beat around the bush. Otherwise they'd be here for another hour, don't get him wrong, Stiles can be blunt, but his father raised him right.

They say their goodbyes to Deaton and head back out to the Jeep, Stiles could almost kiss the hood, or Peter with how happy he is to be away from that place. They all get into the Jeep, and Stiles sighs.

"Cryptic bastard." Derek mutters. Stiles and Peter laugh loudly.

"Damn right. Next time, don't be so cryptic either Peter. We'll start to think you're hanging out with Deaton in your spare time." Stiles sasses, Peter raises an eyebrow as Derek chuckles

"What spare time? I'm always around you two idiots." Peter jokes, Stiles grins at him.

"Well, that's for getting us out of there fast, made me happy to get away from that place. Gives me the creeps." Stiles smiles and leans forward to plant a kiss on Peter's cheek.

Peter stills, he doesn't remember the last time someone kissed him like that, with love. Without wanting something in return, sure Derek and his sisters had done it to get things, but past lovers had done the same to Peter.

The only one who kissed him like that was his Mother, or Peter's sister. Stiles smiles warmly and Derek whines at not having any attention, Stiles rubs Derek's head affectionately and Derek seems satisfied.

Stiles starts the Jeep and pulls out of Deaton's parking lot. Stiles turns the radio on and hums along to the song playing, taping his fingers on the steering wheel. Peter knows that if anyone ever tried to harm Stiles or Derek, they would die, be maimed. No one will take his family again, he can't go through it again. Derek can't either, as their pack human Stiles is important. He keeps the wolves human, makes sure they're okay, knows what to do if they're restless, or in need of something.

Then again Peter thinks that's just a Stiles thing, something only Stiles really cares about. Taking care of his loved ones.

They arrive back at the loft, Derek whines the whole way up the stairs. For some reason, it doesn't annoy Peter as much as it would have. They all decide it's cuddle time and they head to Stiles' room and lay down on his bed.

Derek curls up in the middle, with Stiles against the wall, and Peter on the other end. Derek curls around Stiles, and Peter curls around Derek. There they sleep, wrapped up and safe.