Hotter-Prom

"That feel good, baby?" Bram whispered into Asher's ear.

Asher bit his lip and nodded, breathily asking, "A little more to the right?"

"Braaaam!" Aunt Lucinda called. "Telephone!"

Bram and Asher flinched, causing Bram's claw to dig too deeply into Asher's shoulder. 

"Fuck!" Asher yelped. 

"Ash, I'm so sorry!" Bram apologized, eyes wide with horror at the small dot of blood welling up from Asher's skin. 

"You could lick it!" Ishka called from the couch, holding Kirg against her breasts. Bram noted that his brother, who looked like he would suffocate, didn't seem to care about possible death-by-breast. 

"Nobody's licking anything!" Asher said quickly, scooting away from Bram with wide eyes and a strong stench of fear. 

"Ash..." 

"Bram?" Aunt Lucinda called again.

"Oh, uh, tell her that I'm not--"

"It's a boy," Lucinda corrected.

Asher turned to look at Bram, eyebrow raised, "What guy's calling you? What guy has your number?"

"I-I don't know," Bram breathed, loving the fierceness in Asher's gaze, how his territorial nature so quickly replaced his momentary fear.

"Says his name is Dirk!" Lucinda called, as if she had been asked the question instead.

"Dirk?" Asher said blandly, "The guy that hero-worships you? The guy that you kissed? That Dirk?"

"Sounds like it," Bram agreed morosely. He rose to his feet and then offered Asher his hand, "I guess we'd better go see what he wants."

Asher allowed Bram to pull him to his feet, and when Bram pulled him closer and didn't immediately release him, Asher relaxed into his boyfriend's arms, "We?"

"Yeah. Whatever he wants he can say in front of both of us."

Asher's face lit up, and Bram couldn't help but drop a quick kiss onto his nose.

Across the room, Ishka sighed, "You should kiss my nose, Kirg."

"I'll kiss anything you want, Ishka," Kirg agreed happily, eyes unfocused, lips red and swollen.

Bram teased, "If he kisses you any more, his lips are going to fall off."

"He's got healing saliva," Ishka said with a shrug, pulling his head back down for another drugging kiss.

"Come up for air at some point," Bram called over his shoulder, pulling Asher towards the stairs.

"Want us to pause the show?" Ishka asked, panting.

"Like you're even watching it?" Asher teased.

Ishka grinned, turning her attention back to Kirg.

"You're smiling," Asher noticed as they walked down the stairs together.

"Ishka's good for him," Bram said after a moment, considering why he was smiling. "I'm glad they finally got together. It's good to see my brother so happy."

"Yeah, you Ludia boys are hardheaded sometimes," Asher teased, ramming Bram's shoulder with his own.

"That's not all that's hard," Bram shot back, enjoying how Asher's face immediately turned scarlet.

At the base of the stairs, Lucinda sighed heavily, "I didn't need to hear that comment, Bram."

"You would have known I was saying it either way."