Chapter 3: Discussion

Inside the Fieth Clan admiral's office, a woman with long black hair, and dazzling eyes can be seen sitting at an admiral's desk. Her name is Lilyth.

"Are you sure?" Admiral Lilyth asked the two people sitting on the sofa at the front of her desk after hearing that one of their members came here just like them.

"Yes, we received a message from him"

The one who answered Lilyth's question is a boy named Zied. He has brown eyes, a brown wavy hair. He wore a white shirt, a blue vest, a coat as if he is a royalty, and a crown on his head as an accessory.

"And I told him to come here and talk to you"

The other person is a female called Seiren. She has blue eyes and short white hair with a red streak on the right side of her hair. She wears a black shirt, a red tie, and a black-checkered skirt.

Before they could continue their conversation, a knock was heard on the door of the admiral's office.

"Enter"

The door slowly opened and a man entered. That man was none other than Nathan who had just finished taking a bath, 10 minutes ago.

"Oh, speak of the devil" Zied said.

"Alright then, let's leave to the Admiral to explain things to Nathan" Seiren suggested.

"Agreed. Well then, see ya" Zied and Seiren stood up from their seats and left the room, leaving Nathan alone with the Admiral. Seeing them leave, Nathan waved at them.

Her desk was surrounded by various documents. He took a glance around the room after taking a sit in the corner of the sofa.

"So? Could you tell me? This world, what is it?" Nathan posed the most simple, straightforward question.

Admiral Lilyth arranged the information in her head and summed it all up in one phrase.

"I don't know"

"You don't know? They say all of you have been in this world for 10 years?"

Hearing her answer, Nathan opened his eyes wide with surprise.

"We do know that this world exists as reality and not a game, but we don't know whether it exists somewhere in our galaxy where Earth is located, or if it's inside some other universe based on different laws, or even some different kind of world beyond our comprehension. We still haven't learned anything like that"

"I see. But either way, this is reality is it?"

"There's no doubt about that. We spent ten years with our consciousness clear, so all this being a dream is out of the question, if it was, what kind of horrible daydream would this be?"

"That's true"

Nathan shrugged his shoulder and glanced at a part of the bookshelf which stored books and documents that had occurred during their last ten years.

"What am I going to do from now on then?" Nathan asked dumbfoundedly.

"Right" Lilyth thought for a moment, wondering what task she should give to Nathan.

"You know the name Septinia, right?"

"The capital of the federation" Nathan answered.

"Go there and head to the palace to get a gadget that you will use in the future, and they'll probably give you a task"

"A gadget?"

"You'll know when you see it with your own eyes"

"Why can't you tell me now?" Nathan asked. However, Lilyth did not answer so he just sighed and wanted to continue what she was going to say.

"Continuing, the biggest difference between players and NPCs is our appearance. As you can see, we don't seem to age"

After saying this, Nathan scanned her appearance. Just like Zeid and Seiren, her appearance didn't show any signs of aging after living for 10 years.

"That's weird"

"Indeed. I can't say for sure because we still don't know a lot, but it's either we don't age at all or our appearance simply doesn't change. We also don't know if we still have a lifespan, but it's not like we have any way to confirm it without waiting for another 40 years or even a century"

The fact that there is no aging means that the body does not deteriorate with age, and the tension of the skin is well maintained. So if you were a handsome guy or a beauty, you would remain like that forever.

Judging from this explanation, the unchanging appearance was not a property of this world, just a privilege of each player.

However, lifespan was more important. Although it is certainly too early for anyone to naturally die during these ten years, but what about deaths from other reasons?

In the game, when a player defeated or killed another player, they would either get "sunk" or be hit by their shells, and had to wait 6 hours before being revived in the country or place to which they were linked. This rule only applied while it was still a game. However, Nathan couldn't help but wonder if it still held true in reality, and that's what bothered him.

"By the way, what happens when you die in this world? Do you still respawn after 6 hours?"

Hearing this question, Lilyth paused for a moment and pondered with a troubled expression.

"I don't know for sure, I haven't heard or encountered about the death of any players yet. However, the fact that there are millions of players present, there are definitely those who will lose their lives"

As far as its reality, it is certainly not a strange thing. Although Nathan hoped this was not the case, he understood that things would not be comfortable so, he accepted those words well.

"Putting whether we die or not aside, the primary cause of death would be through battle, right? With the treaty, I believe there won't have any unnecessary deaths for now"

Ever since the official release of the game five years ago, they used various tactics or strategies in gaining experience. It's not easy for them to be defeated by someone.

"Certainly. Anyway, let's put that topic aside for the time being. We don't need to know the answer right now. I think we should take extra precautions"

Returning to her smile, Lilyth confirmed what time it was on her watch.

"Now then. Since it's already noon, how about you put aside your plan in going to the capital and eat dinner with everyone? Think of it as a reunion"

"Well, that's fine"

"Great"

With those words, Nathan and Lilyth walked out the door of the office.

"In the meantime, I'll show you how much the nations advanced over the last ten years"

The two of them went down the stairs and walked down the hallway of the academy. Silence gradually took over and only the sound of footsteps resounded in their ears.