Chapter 10: Meeting

We reached the meeting hall ten minutes later. The building was huge and spacious, with several halls and conference rooms within.

As we enter to one of the rooms, there was a long table set up at the center, with chairs surrounding it.

There are a total of 13 people sitting on the chairs, while the others are left empty. I'm guessing they are fellow captains.

"Welcome, everyone!" Elise announced, as she made her way to the center of the room. As she did, she took her seat in one of the chairs. At the same time, Captain Yvonne entered the room and stood beside Elise with a group of soldiers.

"Um, thank you for inviting me to this meeting." I said, standing at attention when I noticed the stares from a few of the captains present.

"Please, take a seat. We're all here for the same purpose," Elise said, gesturing to the vacant seats around the table.

I then took a seat and joined the other captains. As I sat down, I couldn't help but notice that everyone was wearing identical uniforms. They were all wearing navy blue suits with black lapels, matching navy blue ties, and shiny black boots.

Each captain wore their own insignia on their chest, but otherwise, their uniforms were all very similar. It almost seemed like they all belonged to the same team. This was unlike back in the Federation, where players have unique uniforms and outfits.

"First, let's get introductions out of the way. This is Captain Nathaniel, of the Heptaclan Federation," Elise began.

"Captain Nathaniel," the other captains greeted me with respect.

"Glad to meet you all," I replied, bowing my head in acknowledgement.

Elise proceeded to introduce each of the other captains. The first one to introduce himself was a man sitting close to Elise, who identified himself as Captain Charles. Next was a man sitting opposite Captain Charles, who introduced himself as Captain Pierre. And so the introductions continued.

The last captain to introduce herself was Captain Jeanne, who was seated next to the last, opposite to mine.

Once the introductions were done, the captains exchanged glances. For some reason, I felt intimidated by the amount of experience these captains had accumulated, with each having over 10 years of experience and additional in-game experience.

Captain Charles stood up. "Okay, now that we've gotten the formalities out of the way, we should probably move on to the main topic," he said, his voice stern and authoritative.

All of the captains present nodded.
"Before we begin, allow me to give a brief explanation of what has transpired until now," Captain Charles said.

He proceeded to explain that the Sea Serpent, a legendary creature known to be extremely dangerous and elusive, had been lurking in their waters for an unknown amount of time. He expressed his worry over the safety of their people and their ships, as the Sea Serpent was notorious for attacking without warning.

"So far, we haven't received any reports of losses or damages. But we can't stay in denial forever," Captain Charles added.

"From what we know, the Sea Serpent is a giant serpent that can grow up to 30 meters in length and 40 tons in weight," Captain Pierre said, adding to the explanation.

"That's big enough to crush a warship like ours," Captain Charles concluded.

"I've tried to track down the Sea Serpent, but I have failed every time. I thought it might have gone extinct after being attacked by a squadron of aircraft, but then we saw it again when we went to scout the area," Elise said.

"It's probably hiding in our deep waters, waiting for the perfect moment to strike." Elise added.

The captains nodded and agreed with Elise's statement. However, no one offered an alternative solution to deal with the issue.

"Okay, so what do we do?" Another captain asked.

"Well, it seems like we have two options: to either capture the Sea Serpent alive for research purposes, or to sink it," Elise explained.

"Capturing it will require a lot of effort and resources. If we sink it, it will not pose any threat anymore," Captain Charles added.

"So, we choose to sink it?" Another captain asked.

"Yes. It would be better if we sink it," Captain Charles said, nodding his head.

Everyone else nodded in agreement.

"But how exactly do we sink something the size - no, even bigger than a warship?" Captain Jeanne asked.

"Well, we can just destroy it by blowing it up," Elise suggested. "I believe we can overpower it with our warships and eliminate it."

"That sounds simple enough," Captain Charles said.

"I agree with that plan. It's better to sink it than to try to capture it alive," another captain said.

"However, if we sink it, its carcass would remain in our waters, which may cause problems in the future," Captain Charles pointed out.

"True. We have to make sure that we sink the beast without hurting our citizens," one of the captain added.

"But how can we sink such a colossal creature without contaminating our waters?" Captain Pierre asked, stroking his chin thoughtfully.

The room fell silent as everyone began to brainstorm ideas. Trying to break the silence, I spoke up. "What if we lure it inland?" I asked.

"I like that idea. Yes, that will work," Captain Charles said, nodding his head.

"Good call. Let's go with that," Elise said.

Everyone in the room nodded in agreement.

"Now, our next task is to figure out where will we lure it into," Captain Pierre said. "We need to find a place that it can easily reach and also provide us with a safe distance to launch our attacks."

"I think we should focus on finding a location that is both far away from human settlements, and near the sea."

"I agree. It would be best if we could lure it to the coast," Captain Jeanne said, agreeing with her fellow captain.

"Then let's look for a location that meets those requirements," Captain Charles said.

The discussion continued for another hour until the captains had narrowed down the search to a specific area. They chose one of their uninhabited islands.

The island, which is situated more than a hundred miles away from the mainland, is located in the middle of the ocean. It spans approximately 3-4 kilometers in width and 2-3 kilometers in length, and has a population of zero.

"And that's where we'll lure the Sea Serpent in," Captain Charles concluded. "We will wait until the beast gets too close, then we will launch a preemptive attack on it. Hopefully, we won't need to sink it."

Captain Charles stepped down from his position, leaving the room momentarily. When he returned, he was holding a rectangular object, roughly 5 feet by 3 feet in dimensions. He handed it to Elise.

"This is a map of the location we will lure the Sea Serpent in. Feel free to study it, and contact us if you have any questions," Captain Charles said before heading out of the room.

Captain Jeanne stood up. "Since there isn't anything else to discuss, we should start moving towards our destination" she said.

The other captains followed suit, and the meeting came to an end.