Chapter 17: Past (Part 3)

As the sea serpent's menacing presence loomed closer, the crew scrambled to ready their weapons, fear gripping their hearts. The captain's voice boomed over the chaos, rallying them to stand firm against the oncoming threat.

"Steady, men! We shall not falter in the face of this beast! Prepare to defend our ship with all you've got!"

The knight guard, his sword gleaming in the dim light, stood at the ready beside the captain, his gaze unwavering. "We will protect the duchess at all costs," he vowed solemnly.

The captain, a seasoned seafarer with weathered features and a steely resolve, nodded in acknowledgment. "Aye, Sir. We shall not falter in our duty," he replied, his voice firm despite the mounting chaos around them.

"Roooaaarrr!!!"

But as they braced themselves for the onslaught, the sea serpent emerged from the churning waters with a deafening roar, its massive form casting a shadow over the beleaguered vessel.

The captain, his voice barely audible above the tumult, shouted orders to his crew, his words drowned out by the creature's primal bellow.

"Weapons ready! Brace yourselves!" he called out, his voice strained with urgency as he struggled to maintain control amidst the chaos.

As the captain's voice pierced through the chaos, the crew scrambled to obey, their hands trembling as they readied their weapons. Swords gleamed in the dim light, arrows were notched, and cannons were aimed with desperate precision.

"Fire!" the captain shouted, his command echoing across the deck.

BANG!

With a deafening roar, the cannons erupted in a volley of thunderous blasts, sending fiery projectiles hurtling towards the sea serpent's massive form.

The air was filled with the acrid scent of gunpowder as the crew unleashed their barrage, their faces contorted with determination as they fought to repel the beast.

But even as the cannons boomed and the crew fought valiantly, the sea serpent proved to be a relentless foe.

With each thrash of its colossal body, the ship groaned under the strain, wooden planks splintering and creaking from the impact of the creature's relentless assault.

"Steady, men!" the captain shouted, his voice carrying a note of urgency as he surveyed the scene unfolding before them. "Prepare to repel the beast!"

As the sea serpent continued its relentless onslaught, the ship trembled under the force of each thrash, wooden planks splintering and groaning in protest.

The crew fought with all their might, their swords clashing against the creature's scales in a desperate bid for survival.

"Keep fighting!" The Knight Guard's voice rang out, his sword a blur of motion as he parried blow after blow from the sea serpent's tail attack. "We cannot let this beast best us!"

But even as they battled on, the duchess, situated in a safe cabin, her arms wrapped protectively around her daughter, shielding her from harm. Despite the chaos raging around them, a sense of determination burned in her eyes, a silent vow to safeguard her child at all costs.

"Stay close, my dear," the duchess whispered to the young lady, her voice barely audible above the roar of the storm. "I will not let any harm befall you."

The young lady clung to her mother, her heart pounding with fear as she hears the sounds of battle before her.

She knew that they were facing an enemy that many believed was unbeatable by mere mortals, and yet, she drew strength from her mother's unwavering resolve.