Chapter 8: Coyote Monarch

7:47 a.m.

Buttoning my suit and fixing myself in front of the mirror in a hotel room, I am now ready.

Ready to embark on a journey to Coyote Monarch.

I finished dressing Nathalie and the only task left was to get out of the room.

To have breakfast, of course.

Who am I to skip breakfast made from this world? Besides, I'm still hungry despite how much I ate last night.

By the way, I bought souvenirs at the night market last night. Souvenirs that I would probably display on the ship and will probably don't have the chance to use it.

Why am I even saying this small thing? Let's just go downstairs and eat breakfast.

I'm sure the food made by the residents of this city, who were once an NPC, will look quite similar to any fancy foods of earth or even unique.

That's what I thought. Until I saw the food with my own eyes. I don't hate it, I just have high expectations.

The breakfast is simple, a single piece of bread, a sunny-side-up egg, and a sausage. But it is delicious. Though, it would have been better if they had included rice.

Now that I think about it, do they still have stocks of rice? I don't think it's that time of harvest yet. But I remember House of Croire was inspired by one of the Asian countries on Earth. Well, every 8 nations here were all inspired by different countries of Earth.

I have another one on my mind. If I were to set foot on an unknown land, does that mean I have to leave my ship somewhere? Will I be able to protect Nathalie and myself if we possibly encounter any danger?

I do have a rifle, but I have no experience with how to use it. How can someone working from home like me hold a rifle? If only the people from my former country were not opposed to mandatory military service. Then maybe I even got experience on how to hold a gun if they implemented it.

Well, looks like I thought too far ahead. I may be able to train myself when I got to Coyote Monarch, hopefully. And as for my ship, I'll find a way. But for now, all I have to do is to finish my breakfast.

And all that thinking made me finish my breakfast before I knew it. And I will be finished by taking the last sip of my coffee.

After I ate my breakfast, the little girl in front of me also finished eating. I can see that the plate was clean and she was already drinking the glass of milk, which I chose for her to drink. I don't think it's a good idea to let children drink coffee, right?

I'll just wait for him to finish her drink before we can head out.

This calls for a time skip, I guess.

~

~

~

~

~

***

"Why are there children's equipment on the back side of the bridge?" is what I ask to one of the workers who oversee my ship in my absence.

It's been an hour since we ate breakfast and decided to head here afterward, we didn't take any detours or went sightseeing.

But as I return to the bridge of my ship, I took a peek and noticed that the back part, or the space at the back, is filled with stuff meant for kids.

Sure, the bridge is quite spacious because it only has a seat where I can control the ship and drawers on the side for storage.

I don't have problems with it if it's for the kid I'm taking care of. What I don't like is, why would they do that without my permission. And they didn't even inform me about this.