Chapter 11: "Nappy time"

Liah POV:

"You idiota, why did you do that!" Someone screamed beside me and my ears started ringing again.

"Shut up man, can't you read the room?" Another voice shot back.

I sat against the head of a bed and closed my eyes blending out my surroundings as the pain didn't subside.

"Keep your eyes open principessa."

Someone took my hand and pressed it tightly, another person was pressing a cold cloth on my nose and yet another person was talking in the background. I could only make out a few words like 'hit', 'hospital' and 'bad'.

Then I tasted something iron-like in my mouth. I leaned to the side and spit the blood out.

"Shit!"

Someone gave me a bucket and another person patted my back and run circles over it. I vomited again.

"Screw the ambulance I'm driving her."

I was picked up again and carried somewhere. I could make out Rome as the one who was carrying me.

"Where is Caleb?" I asked as the last time I saw him Rome had him in his arms. I started to panic that my baby wasn't here and looked around frantically ignoring any pain I was feeling.

Three other people were walking beside us, Ian was right next to us and two men rushed ahead in front of us. But no Caleb.

"Calm down, Liah. He's with Cailyn."

I calmed down a little since Cailyn had been really nice to me and I really didn't have much of a choice as I guessed that Rome was taking me to the hospital.

"Get in the back." Lijah was the one who said that, I think.

Ian opened the door to a SUV and Rome carried me inside, resting me on his lap. Ian closed the door and got in on the other side. I heard the two doors in the front open and close again, Lijah was in the driver's seat and I could finally see the last person who was with us.

The oldest brother was sitting on the passenger seat in the front and looked back at me with worry and guilt on his face. Damn, I totally forgot his name.

"Did the bleeding stop?" Ian asked beside us.

"No." Rome said frantically as he was now pressing a new cloth with something cold inside on my nose, gently as not to cause any more pain.

"Is it broken?" Someone from the front asked but I was too tired to identify who.

"I'm sure I heard a cracking sound. I swear I didn't mean to, Liah. I'm so sorry." Ian said beside me.

I ignored him and the rest of the drive as I was too concentrated on breathing correctly since breathing through my nose hurt.

After some time, which felt way too long, we made it to the ER of the nearest hospital. Rome picked me up and carried me inside. The other three followed us and immediately asked or rather screamed for a doctor to attend to me.

I was sat down on a bed and a nurse came over immediately telling me to sit up. Rome was holding my hands as we waited for the nurse to get a doctor.

Soon one came over and looked at my nose. It was broken as we had guessed and the doctor was able to get the bleeding under control. What the doctor was worried about was my headache and that I had vomited. He suspected that I had a concussion from the impact.

The doctor plucked my nose with gauze to prevent any more bleeding and put a splint on my nose. He took a few more tests and it turned out I had a concussion. After he was done and confirmed I would be fine he released me from the hospital. He prescribed me a few medications I should take to relieve the pain and gave me a strict bedrest until the symptoms of my concussion subsided. I wasn't happy about that. I didn't know how I could take care of Caleb like this. I also had to return to the hospital in a few days when the swelling of my nose went down.