Chapter 12: Meeting the Family

Liah POV:

So I've been living in this house for 3 days now, ever since that party the first day, but I haven't really met or talked to any of the people here other than Rome. Who can blame me, I've been asleep most of the time and stayed in Rome's room with him. He hadn't left my side since the broken nose thing and I really appreciated it. I got a feeling that he knew that I didn't want to be alone.

Occasionally the family members came into the room and checked up on me or asked me how I was feeling, how my pain was or if I needed anything. I appreciated the care and thought they had for me but on the second day I mostly pretended to be asleep if anyone came in. Rome figured it out pretty quickly and I guess he told the other's that I was awkward in that situation since they showed up less.

"Did anyone come and asked about me?"

"Do you mean anyone other than the family?" Rome questioned me skeptically.

"Yeah, but it seemed nobody did." I shrugged.

I was surprised and yet suspicious that I hadn't heard or seen anything from my mother. I mean I felt safe in this house and had the hope that she couldn't enter here so easily but I wouldn't bet my life on that. My mother always had a plan I was scared that she might be able to get even this far.

I sat up and just when I was about to stand up Rome moved in front of me.

"Where you wanne go?" He almost kneeled to reach my sitting height.

"Just the bathroom. I can- Argh!" Before I could even finish Rome had already picked me up into his arms and carried me to his bathroom. "Thanks." I mumbled silently but knew he heard it as he chuckled deeply.

"Just call me as soon as you're done." He ruffled my hair and sat me on the toilet seat.

He left the door to the bathroom open and walked outside his bedroom door.

I let out a deep sigh and stood up. I mean I could move just fine, the headaches had been gone for a day now and only my nose was hurting. I walked to the sink and looked in the mirror.

"It looks worse than yesterday." I mumbled to myself as I took in my appearance. I had dark bruises under my eyes and my nose was still a bit swollen. I had showered two days ago but now my hair was looking greasy again.

I walked towards my suitcase on my tiptoes as not to alarm anyone, especially Rome, that I was walking around. I got some fresh clothes and went back to the bathroom. I turned the showerhead on and drew myself a bath. I double checked that the bedroom door was closed and stepped into the hot water. I immediately sank into the hotwater.

After thirty minutes Rome called out to me to check if everything was fine and I told him I was still in the bath. This was a heavenly feeling, we didn't have a bathtub in our last house so I couldn't take a bath in a while. This was so relaxing.

After another twenty minutes I got out of the tub and dried myself with a fresh towel. I put on a new outfit which consisted of a white crop top and a black dungaree. I loved this outfit, it was so me. Then I put my grey contacts in to cover my one blue and one brown eye. 

At last I put my wet hair in a bun since I was too lazy to dry it and then called for Rome. He immediately walked through the door and searched the room for me until he spotted me in the bathroom. A wave of relief washed over his face and I couldn't but smile at him. I loved to have him around. Even though I felt bad at times that he was doing everything for me I loved to have him around me and see him care so much for me.

"Won't you dry your hair? I don't want you to catch a cold." He walked towards me.

"Nah it's fine. I will just let it dry like this."