Chapter 18: Baby Cousins

Sora POV:

Reading the latest newspaper and some magazines I see a few articles of my Uncle and cousins again. Even in other countries they are in the news. Reading the different articles, it seems like a girl claims to have a child from one of my cousins. I chuckle at the thought. I can't imagine any of them as a parent. Worst part is the girl in the papers looks around the same age as Rome, so he could-

No, he would have told me if he was involved with anyone let alone had a baby. I brush the thought away as there had been many people claiming to have something to do with my uncle and his family. Just another person going for their money.

"Boss, the meeting in Italy was postponed to later this evening." Sergei says and I nod at the information.

Sergei gives me a few documents and we continue walking towards the jet. As the beauty comes into view I see Zac and Ian standing at the bottom of the stairs to the plane. They look defeated and sullen as if someone gave them some bad news. Maybe it's something about the gossip in the papers but I won't think too much of it for now. I take a closer look at my two older cousins and almost chuckle at their appearances, they look like two lost puppies who were scolded by their mother.

It has to do with the reason why they suddenly traveled after me. The two had taken some vacation for Ian's birthday but Zac called me three days ago and said they wanted to work and end their vacation early. I didn't mind, I'm a workaholic myself so I don't get why they would even take a break. But in my position and fiend of work it isn't easy to take a break anyway.

"What brought you two all the way to France? I thought you wanted to work some more in Italy when you flew there three days ago." I ask as I greet my cousins with a hug.

"We need some serious work. I'm not interested to do what your lackeys do every day." Zac says.

"If we're talking facts here, you and Ian are my lackeys too, I just treat you two better since you're family."

Ian scoffs and Zac chuckles lightly as we make our way into the jet and sit down. We are served a cold drink and talk about the recent deal I made with a French business. Right now we're on our way from France to Italy to have a meeting with some leaders of small gangs who work for me.

While we discuss the documents Sergei gives me a new pile of papers and sits down next to us. I go through the new documents he gave me and see a magazine in the middle of the pile. I hold the magazine up for Sergei to see and he chuckles as he sees my pissed expression. I swear he's the only person who laughs or chuckles around me when he makes a mistake, everyone else is shitting their pants.

I sigh and throw the magazine on the table, what surprises me though are the expressions of my cousins once they see the magazine. Zac reaches out to grab the magazine but I'm faster. I have the magazine in hand while my two cousins look at me with their faces white as paper, all color drained form them and they look guilty.

I'm more than confused by their reactions so I take a better look at the front page of the magazine. Like earlier I see a blond girl and a toddler at Ian's birthday party and the headline writes. 'Girl claims to have a child from Varez heir. Who is the father?'

I raise an eyebrow at my cousins and hold the front page up to them, so that they can see it. "Okay, what's this and why are you reacting like that."

"Reacting like what?" Ian asks stupidly which pisses me off even more.

"Is it true?"

"What? We should continue with the documents." This time it is Zac who shrugs it off and tries to change the subject.