Chapter 14

"Your sister?" Marshall questioned in disbelief, looking at the two of you.

"Half sister." Leigha reminded you. You rolled your eyes, the dig didn't exactly hurt you.

"Why are you here? I thought you moved to Sweden or England or some shit." You said, picking up an apple from a nearby fruit basket. 

"Norway, gosh don't you ever pay attention y/n? I've been saying I'll be dropping by for a visit. Mom's going to be around for a bit, I wanted to see her."

"Couldn't you book a hotel like a normal person? What was it you said you wanted to do before you left? Live life large?" You narrowed your eyes. "Whatever happened to that gross guy you ran away with? You run his pockets dry yet?"

She gaped at you, apalled at what had come out of your mouth. You were also pleasantly surprised, but you were glad you had said it. That was until her gaze seemed to dim. She looked away from you, you had expected her to argue or at least yell some awful comeback.

"We split up." She shrugged. "A couple months ago. I got to keep the house and all. But now I'm in Sweden with this huge house, and no one to share it with."

Once again you rolled your eyes. "Life must me so terrible isn't it. Look, I'm sorry you broke up with Robert-"

"Bobert." She corrected.

"Oh whatever." You sneered. "But he was a loser anyways. I don't care if you're back, just don't touch any of my stuff. That I bought. With my money."

"Oh your money?" She scoffed. "As if you work."

"I do, actually." You reminded her. "Maybe if you paid attention for once in a while, you'd know."

"No shit? Well what do you do?" She questioned, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"As if I'd tell you." You scowled, grabbing Marshall's hand. He had awkwardly been standing there, watching the two of you bicker about something he couldn't seem to wrap his head around. "Come on, let's go upstairs. Whatever you're baking, keep the window open. You're a horrible cook and I'd rather not smell death in my kitchen for the next week."

You started upstairs with Marshall, the scowl still on your face.

"Make sure to keep that door open!" You heard Leigha shout. You had no idea whether or not she was teasing you or being serious, either way you weren't having it.

You made sure to slam the door shut as soon as the two of you had entered your room. You sighed deeply, drooping and relaxing as you realized your room was just as you left it. "What?" You questioned, looking at Marshall who was staring at you incredulously.

"You have a sister?" He asked, sitting down as you did.

"Mhm, but she's so fucking boring that I actually forgot to mention her." You admitted. "I'm not joking either. I haven't seen her in over two years. I guess my brain sort of just.. iced her out."

"That was a shit ton of tension." He murmured. "Your mom.."

"Nah, she's nothing like her. She doesn't agree with more than half of what she does either. I don't know why she is the way she is, but.." you shrugged. "She isn't my problem anymore. Also, do your best to stay away from her. After hearing her sob story about Robert, I don't like how she was eyeing you. You can call me dramatic, but I'd rather not have you find out what I'm talking about."

Marshall nodded, taking in all your points.

You rolled your eyes as the sound of pots clanging filled the air, you were sure she had dropped something. Marshall winced slightly, rubbing the bridge of his nose.