Chapter 17

A/N: y'all the most asked question on this is "when did we start dating?" Yes technically y'all haven't gone on a date date yet with everything else going on but you guys solidified being a couple already 😭 idk ab yall but I do NAWT tell random people "I love you" on the edge of cliff sides 💀 but maybe that's just me tho. If you're still confused please go back and reread chapter 15 cuz that's when it happens I sweaaaar. And this chapter specifically leaves off on an abrupt end, as it will be broken up into 2 parts (: btw the people that comment, y'all are my absolute faves you know who you are 😭 I've read every single comment and sometimes reread them. You guys are hilarious 🫶🏾

The smell of bacon was the first thing to hit your senses as you opened your eyes. Sunlight streamed into them, and you groaned and turned away from the light. Your body felt heavy, as though it was made out of lead. Your head didn't feel any better. You could feel your hair sticking to your forehead in damp curls, and you suddenly remembered bits and pieces of the night you had.

You groaned even louder as different memories of the escapades drifted through your throbbing mind. You sat up quickly, suddenly remembering something else as your eyes wildly whipped around your room.

It was strange.

You'd spent so little time in there as of recent, it was starting to look vaguely unfamiliar.

It was either that, or the alcohol and you refused to think it was the result of last night's bad choices.

"M-Marshall?" You called, your voice slightly croaky.

"Relax." A familiar voice called out, snapping your attention towards the corner of your room. He was sitting in the office chair you used to do homework. He had his notebook in his lap, which he immediately set down now that he saw you were awake. "I said I ain't going anywhere didn't I? Besides, how could I leave? You sounded awful last night."

He reached for the glass of water on the counter. It was still cold, you wondered when he had filled it. It was almost as though he had anticipated when you would wake up. He gestured towards your dresser besides you, and you sighed. On the dresser, a single pill sat on a napkin.

"I'm not hungover." You lied, gently rubbing your temple as you took the pill.

Marshall snorted as he stretched and stood. You watched as his shirt hiked up ever so slightly, exposing his lower stomach. Weeks ago, you wouldn't have noticed it. Now, you couldn't help but stare.

You glanced away quickly, silently hoping he hadn't noticed.

"Yeah, and I'm Tupac." He added sarcastically, plopping down next to you. You rolled your eyes as you swallowed the pill, chugging the water a second later. You blinked as you locked eyes with Marshall, realizing he'd been watching you.

"What?" You questioned, resisting the urge to wipe your mouth with the back of your sleeve. He gave you a slightly crooked smile and shook his head.

"Nothin'." He said, tossing his head towards the door with a quiet sigh. "Your mom's downstairs."

He scratched the side of his cheek awkwardly, his features dulling as he spoke. "Your mom was up at the ass crack of dawn." He spoke, leaning back against his open palms. "I was tryna' sneak around her to get you the medicine-"

"Marshall, I have medicine in my bathroom cabinet you know." You pointed out, a small smile making its way to your features. You tried not to giggle as you imagined him sneaking around your downstairs. It was difficult to imagine him incognito.

He shot you a look, glowering slightly as he shook his head. "That woulda been nice to know before I went down there. Anyways, she ambushed me, sorta. Long story short she wants us down for breakfast. She said she wanted to be able, uh-" he scratched his head for a moment. "Discuss."