Chapter 16

A/N: Guys I'm hereeee please don't kill me 🙈 I don't really know how many of you still read this, and how many of you thought this chapter was bad butttt I've been dealing with the worst writers block. Idk how many times I've started a chapter, wrote over 1000 words and then deleted it because I didn't like it before I came out with this one. So please, please pleaaaase, let me know your thoughts if you will. I never stopped reading your comments, all of you guys crack me up (:

"Stop." Marshall told you quietly, pulling your arm gently to get you to stay still. The both of you stared at the car. As soon as the door opened and the first foot was out, clouds of smoke immediately began to fill the air. You pulled a face, but immediately dropped it.

As soon as the person stepped out of the vehicle, both you and Marshall seemed to relax a bit. However his relief only seemed to last for a moment before he stiffened again.

"Future?" Marshall questioned, confusion etching in his voice as he watched the man wave the smoke away from his face and step out.

"B-rabbit?" Future questioned, he looked just as surprised to see the two of you.

"Didn't know you still came down here." Marshall admitted, his free hand jamming into his pocket. Future's gaze drifted away from Marshall's face, then down towards the both of your hands. He immediately smirked, a knowing look crossing his features as he raised an eye brow at Marshall.

"We'll discuss that in a second. Cuz it looks like there's some things that I didnt know either." He teased the both of you. You felt your face redden, and for the hundredth time that evening you were grateful for the dark. "You've been holding out on us!"

"That's one word for it, I guess. I've just been busy." He admitted.

"Busy's another word for it." Future said, studying Marshall's bruised features in skepticism. "I thought you felt with the free world cronies already. Don't tell me they're coming after you again?"

"What my face?" Marshall scowled. "Nah that's.. something else entirely."

"Get in the car. Y'all can explain it to me on the way." Future smirked.

"Which one?" Marshall questioned, tilting his head. Future seemed to think about it for a moment, before turning to you.

"Let's take mine. I'll circle back here later and drop y'all off. How does that sound?" Future questioned.

"I'm fine with it, if you are." You said, looking up at Marshall who just shrugged.

"It's settled then. Come on." Future grinned. You watched as Future made his way into the drivers seat.

"Are you gonna tell him?" You questioned, and once again Marshall shrugged. You watched him carefully for a moment. You wondered why he always seemed to be so guarded when it came to his friends. It was rare to see him relax of course, but you had at least seen inklings. You'd have thought at the very least he would be comfortable with his friends.

"I guess. It'll come up at some point. Let's go, before he starts bitching at us." He said.

•MEGA TIME SKIP•

You giggled, leaning back against Marshall as his arms held you firmly in place.

"Y/n, stop moving.." he groaned, "sit still for fuck sake. What happened to 'I know how to handle my liquor?'" He mimicked, shifting against you slightly as you ignored him and continued to move.

"I doooont sound like that." You scoffed, poking his nose gently. Marshall swatted your hand, scowling and pulling you up.

"Sit up, don't fall asleep. It'll be harder getting you inside that way. You still haven't told me where you put your damn key." He reminded you, still carefully looking through your belongings.