type - steves pov

before I start I just want to say that my boy steve is probably swearing in these stories a bit more than you're used to and I must say that that is entirely my fault - me (as the author) tends to swear in every sentence I formulate. it's an issue... anyway enjoy

summary: most of the avengers are drunk and are playing truth it dare. steve ends up telling the group his type who happens to be his girlfriend -  natasha romanoff

steve's pov
it was another one of tony's boring parties all the avengers had to go to so I just put on my normal outfit of black dress pants and a white blouse with the top two buttons undone. not because I thought it looked better, because the buttons wouldn't actually do up. (he's got that noah neck) and tbf it also looked a little better because I didn't like looking too formal for these things.

me and nat have been dating for a little while now, I can't exactly say how long because we had been in a situationship long before we made it official, which was 10 days ago I believe. we have decided not to tell the team until it's been at least a year and we may never tell them; if they don't find out that is (foreshadowing 😉). it just complicates things and until me and nat are secure and really happy we don't need things to be made more difficult for us. fury knows and he's fine with it. he actually encouraged it along with the rest of the avengers (some more than others *cough* cough* tony *cough* *cough* clint) fury is just much more mature so we felt okay telling him.

the party had gone like normal, everyone just talking to annoying press people, drinking probably a bit too much alcohol and nat looking hot asf. we had stuck together most of the night which again was pretty standard. to the rest of the team we were 'close friends' and that was okay - even though the everlasting teasing did get annoying but it would only get worse once they had found out.

soon all of the press and paparazzi had left so it was just the drunk avengers, nat, thor and me. none of us ever really got drunk and I would say thor was one of the most tame about the teasing as he kept to himself quite often.so this was quite an enjoyable time for me. just talking and having fun as FRIENDS. unfortunately the others weren't blackout yet so they wanted to join in on our peaceful talking... by playing truth or dare?

anyways

everything was alright there were a few fun questions and some rather chaotic dares which left most people in the group laughing - apart from the one whose dare it was obviously.

"capsicle truth or dare" tony asked quickly changing the subject from him admitting he had a crush on his co-worker pepper potts. he had hoped no one noticed this 'sneaky' move. everyone did which just made it 10x funnier.

"truth" i let out between laughs. i wasn't going to let a couple drunk ass avengers choose for me to do a dare at 1am in the morning. actually, 1am is pretty early for us especially on party evenings but I still didn't trust tony.

"tell us your type"

i blushed

i looked over to nat briefly who I could tell was suppressing a giggle which made me smile.

fuck.

luckily everyone else was too drunk to notice and thor was just kind enough to not say anything.

"well let's see" they all lean in. "I would say selflessness is important and nice is all I really ask for." I say with a smile and I can already tell that's not going to be enough for them. they all yell.

"THATS IT?!?"
"GO ON"
"IM WAITING"
"JEEZ ROGERS I KNOW YOURE OLD BUT CMON"

i look over at nat who seems to be offended that I didn't say anything else so I rolled my eyes and continued.
"short, pretty, really nice lips"

i could feel nat blushing from that last part.
"you describing anyone in particular rogers?" tony seemed to sober up.

i looked over at nat and she nodded at me to continue. i guess we were telling the team a bit earlier than we planned.

"works at sheild, russian assassin, red hair and green eyes"

everyone's eyes widened apart from thor because it took him a moment to process what I just said.

"capsicle, are you confessing your love for little red over here?" tony said with a knowing brown and smirk.

"idk it depends on whether she wants you guys to know yet" i said knowing that she was fine with it.

"WAIT A MINUTE"
"IM TOO DRUNK FOR THIS"
"IS THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENING?!?"
"ROMANOGERS IS REAL?!?!?"
"I BETTER REMEMBER THIS TOMORROW"

"I mean technically it would be today because it's already 2:30 am" I corrected.

nat laughed at the sarcasm I learnt from her whilst everyone else was still frozen in shock she gracefully walked over to me and sat next to me on the arm chair almost on my lap but not quite and gave me a quick kiss but more than just a peck.

"wow okay didn't need to talk so much jeez tash"
clint teased.

"you guys better not be all gross now whenever we are around"

"we won't have the chance to sam because we will just be sat there forced to listen to tonys teasing for the next two years so you don't have to worry about us." everyone agreed and rolled their eyes.

"you know me so well mr and mrs rogers"

okay now it's just going to be a really quick extra of the team teasing them and stuff the next morning

nat's pov
i woke up and realised my boyfriend wasn't next to me and then I checked the time and realised that it was really late for me and that steve was probably already up along with the rest of the group.

my eyes were puffy so I quickly grabbed a hairbrush from my bedside table and dragged it through my hair and tossed it up into a messy bun then left.

not checking in the mirror.

mistake one.

i didnt think it would be an issue because we all knew that no one was coming round to the compound today that's why we stayed up so late last night and all the avengers have seen me with no makeup on before so I wasn't too stressed.

little did I know that everyone was crowding around steve when I walked into the kitchen seemingly bombarding him with questions which I can only assume were about us.

"why are you harassing my boyfriend?"

everyone went silent when they saw me.

"oh well we can stop now as it seems all our questions have been answered"

i throw a confused look at all of them and wanda points at her neck visibly holding down a laugh and I suddenly realise what they are referring to.

damn you hickeys.

I swiftly take my hair down as if that will erase everyone's memories which makes the entire group burst out in cries of laughter.

steve looks mad at me

"what are you mad for rogers? this is entirely your doing"

"I thought you would at least look in the mirror before you left the room"

"well it's already 12 pm and looking in the mirror would've kept me there at least another hour longer and you said last night that I looked better natural anyway." I say reminding him of what happened last night.

steve blushed and everyone was wheezing at us being hilarious.

"WANDA... OMG... I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE THEM" bucky said between breaths.

"huh"

"WE WERE ALL ON ABOUT THE FACT THAT NAT IS WEARING STEVES SHIRT"

i facepalm and decide to suck it up and get used to it.