its a spider bite

can I just quickly say thank you to the people interacting with this story but unfortunately my email doesn't work so I can't reply to comments just so yk I'm not ignoring you :)

third person
for steve and nat, last night was... fun. for the rest of the tower, it was a living hell. the noise that those two make is ridiculous. how nat thought that no one would tease her about having another 'one night stand' is beyond me.

steve got up first at his usual early time and came straight downstairs to the common room. to his surprise, everyone else was already up looking drained and as if they hadn't slept in years.

"are you guys alright?"

"wait rogers you're asking us? you are right next to nat's room you must of had zero sleep"

steve cheeks went bright red when he realised that he was the one keeping them up all night.

"actually I slept really well - I have learnt my lesson from sleeping near nat to wear ear plugs" he tapped his ear then his head. after their nightly exercise nat would always give him a lesson on lying which he seemed weirdly involved in. guess you learn better with a hot teacher.

"no but still that dude was screaming her name holy fuck" clint said only to get a reaction out of steve. they were all pretty sure romanogers was real but unfortunately nat was quiet when doing...stuff so they didn't hear the man's name.

he blushed even more.

"there an issue rogers?" wanda said, genuinely asking.

"no I mean I just get uncomfortable talking about my co-worker's sex life" 'co-workers? really rogers' steve practically heard nat say in his head. to be fair the subject did make him uncomfortable that just definitely wasn't the reason he was blushing.

"okay well then let's talk about your's" tony said with a smug grin.

"huh?"

"mr captain america what is that on your neck" peter p asked innocently.

"you guys are really talking about all this infront of the kid oh my gosh guys"

"what?! they were just talking about how good nat was at monopoly?" peter said confused.

"capsicle answer the boy, what's on your neck"

he got more flustered.

"it's a spider bite." he said technically telling the truth.
then he realised who he was talking to.

"mr rogers that's not what mine looked like, you should probably get that looked at. do you at least know what kind of spider did it?"

clint smirked knowing just what his best friend's marks looked like. "I am pretty sure I have been a victim of seeing a fair few of those on different people before, they are quite nasty this spider really packs quite the bite"
steve swallowed hard.

clint stepped closer and examined it once more.
"yeah I'm pretty sure that is a black widow bite"

everyone except peter and steve cried out in laughter.

peter just got even more confused -"mr hawkeye I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure they're native to australia" peter said not catching on and being a nerd.

then the culprit walked in, hair still in a mess.

"yeah pete but there are a few that are also native to russia" with the mention of her home country, natasha looked up from her phone that she was previously staring at to find everyone glaring at her.

"are you guys alright?" tony chuckled.
"yk that's exactly what your little sex partner asked us when he walked in aswell" peter took this as his cue to leave and quickly slid out of the room. the rest of the avengers stayed to watch this unfold.

"oh yeah where has he gone I didn't say well done and give him a sticker" nat said a) to make the team think that it wasn't steve and b) to joke around trying to change the subject.

no one laughed however.

some of the team were convinced that she was lying whereas others were unsure.

"seriously guys what is going on" nat said getting concerned about why they kept looking in between her and steve.

"do you bite?" wanda asked her friend.

nat laughed and said "well it depends on which way you're talking about, if I'm on a mission normally I try to refrain from cracking my teeth on some random metal alien's skin but you never know" it honestly was shocking to steve how well nat was at handling this situation. he barely even spoke when the subject was brought up. and she was the subject. crazy.

"I was just asking because yk there are different types of spider bites...like ones from actual arachnids and one like what steve has on his neck"

'wow centre of attention again steeb hurrah!' he thought to himself.

nat was just standing there with her mouth wide open.

she then turned to steve whispered something into his ear that the others had to assume was far too unholy for an 100 year old but no one wanted to ask. steve then left with natasha and no one managed to take a nap during the day either.

he also managed to bag himself a few more lying lessons because he obviously needed the help.