slushies

(I'm sorry I wrote this a while ago and I can't be bothered to check it so if it's weird and has loads of spelling mistakes then I'm sorry)

third person
it was roughly 3am and nat and steve couldn't sleep. there was no real reason it was just one of those nights. the two were a couple and had only started going out around a month ago meaning that they were currently in their honeymoon phase which is basically just a fancy way of saying they were all over each other when no one else was around.
of course, the two of them were a well hidden secret. nat was trained for lying since she was a child and steve would never really talk much with the team anyway so he jest let nat do the heavy lifting about hiding their relationship.
to be fair, if you think about heir positions you have to give them credit for hiding it from a group of immature superheros - one of which is a mind reader.

anyway, not wanting to wake nat with his late night/early morning shenanigans, steve got up and walked himself down to the common room to have a different bit of scenery. he had been staring at the same wall in his bedroom for hours and was starting to go insane. little did he know that nat was doing the exact same thing so when they bumped into each other they were both pleasantly surprised.

"I'm sorry did I wake you up?" they both said in unison which would have normally made them both cackle but they had to be quiet because everyone else in the tower was asleep.

"I'm guessing that's a no then?" nat finally said.
"correct as always" steve answered

they both just ended up sitting down on the couch in the common room talking about random things for an hour. starting off with why they couldn't sleep and then how much they both hated tony and so on...
by now it was roughly 3:30am and they still had not ran out of things to talk about.

"so you haven't slept a single ounce all night?" nat said, sounding genuinely concerned.
"no but I think I have probably slept enough in my lifetime to skip this one night" nat giggled.

"isn't it bad that you're not sleeping tash?"
"meh, I've been awake for a week straight before I can handle it" this just further proves that they are complete opposites but then also somehow the same.

"wanna go for a drive?" nat asked out if the blue.
"at 3:30 in the morning?"
"so is that a no?"
"I would love to nat"

so that's what they did, firstly they went down to their favourite beach and spent way too long there. then they kind of just...drove. how they had still not ran out of conversation? - no one knows but they seemed happy enough.

it was now 5am

"well I guess there is no real point of trying to get back to sleep"
"I think you might be right there tash"
"I always am"
"how could I forget"

they went to mcdonalds to get breakfast which they quickly demolished at a random park where they had a little makeshift picnic. which was cute asf. the couple cuddled there for what seemed like eternity when really it was just an hour, but that hour was long enough for then both of them to realise they haven't had anything to drink since last night so they went to get slushies...

nat got blue (blue is the best I will die in this hill) and steve got red. he said that the blue raspberry flavour was 'too sweet' like an old man so he went with the raspberry (i actually don't know what the red flavour is so my bad) as if it wasn't still a slushie.

let's just say they both ended up with beautifully violet tongues and arrived back at the compound at 7:30am which meant most of the avengers would have gotten up and would most likely be eating breakfast. of course steve and nat knew that coming in together in their pjs with no explanation would be incredibly weird and suspicious since the team already speculated that there was something going on between the two.

they both decided that steve should go in first and nat would follow 10 minutes after and they were both training.

to be fair, for people running on no sleep it wasn't an unbelievable lie.
steve quickly entered and saw everyone in the kitchen looking at him and they all started asking him questions. without thinking he opened his mouth and yelled "BE QUIET PLEASE"

"steve why is your mouth purple?" wanda asked, growing more suspicious about where he had been.

"I got a slushie because I couldn't sleep" it slipped out. he couldn't help it. there was too much pressure on him.
just then, nat walked in.
"natalie rogers where in earth have you been and why are you wearing pjs and why is your hair a mess and why aren't you wearing makeup and why are your lips purple"

before she could even comprehend how many questions tony asked her - let alone the nickname - wanda screamed.

"OMG THEY DONT MAKE PURPLE SLUSHIES."

"captain rogers I'm getting here from your files that the blue flavour is too sweet for your liking" vision exposed.

"and nat every time we get slushies you insist that blue is superior"

"I mixed them together today"

"you sociopath."

"meh I'll get over it."

"wow nat you would rather look like a sociopath then admit to kissing me... that hurt"