17- Lorenzo's Flashback- Tattoos and love

This is still written in Lorenzo's POV but will switch to Adeline's POV after the continued flashback in this chapter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lorenzo's Flashback (continued)

I opened my eyes to blinding lights and a steady beeping noise.

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

I slowly opened my eyes to adjust to the bright hospital lights on the ceiling.

There was a doctor checking my vital signs as I tried to move myself so that I was sitting up in the hospital bed.

"Oh, no, please stay still, I'm doctor Ryan Mitchell, do you know what happened to get you here?" He asked.

I felt the sharp pain on my waist and everything came flashing back at me and I was furious.

"Yes. I do." I replied to the doctor, suppressing my emotions. I'll take it up with Ace Anderson at a later date.

"Do you mind telling me what happened so that we can file a report for you?" I doctor said, taking out a notepad and getting a pen.

"I got stabbed in the waist." I said keeping it short and simple so I wouldn't get any more unnecessary questions.

"I need the know the whole situation Mr. Devlin." He said patiently.

"I've got it covered, thank you though." I replied, reaching for my phone on the table next to the bed to check the time.

"Of course. You'll be okay to be discharged in a few hours. All we have to do is look at a few more tests." He got up and turned to the door.

That's when I saw the date on my phone.

My wedding date was set at 6/13. It is now 6/15. What happened in those 2 days?

"Um, Dr. Mitchell?" I called out.

"How can I help you?" He replied, turning back around to face me.

"What happened these past 2 days?" I asked confused.

"I was just about to get the surgeon to come and explain things to you but if you want, I am able to do it now." He replied.

"That's fine."

"You got stabbed in the waist, as you know. You arrived at the hospital unconscious with a ton of bleeding. When we went to check the wound, the blade of the dagger was still in your body and we needed to get it out asap." He said.

Of course that motherfucker had to keep the blade in me.

"We got your mother here to sign papers since we couldn't get a hold of your father, then we took you the the surgery room to get the blade removed. The medicine knocked you out and you were unconscious for the past 2 day. We were a little worried but your vital signs looked okay so we let you rest, though you might want to get some food in your system before tomorrow." He explained.