40- Adeline Knight- The most wonderful thing

"We're here."

We continue.......

"Can I take this blindfold off now?" I asked impatiently.

When I got out of the car, I could hear the busy street and the sounds of separate conversations all around me. My sense of hearing became so much strong to to the loss of sight.

"Nope."

I groaned.

He led me somewhere but the we stopped.

"Careful, there's steps." He said.

I lifted my foot to see where and how large the steps were.

After 5 minutes, we were still going up the stairs.

"What in the world? If I find out there's an elevator going up to this place I'm going to be upset." I said.

He chuckled. "We're almost there.

I huffed.

When we finally stopped, he took off my blindfold and I took in the sight in front of me.

It was beautiful, all the lights looked like twinkling stars in the sky, except these stars were the lights from buildings, cars, street lights, shops. You name it, it's there.

"Oh my gosh. This is gorgeous" I said, Turing around then getting hit with everything around me. Candles, roses, everything.

Lorenzo stood there with a knowing smile on his face. He knew he succeeded.

"You like it?" he said, a question but he could have honestly said it as a statement.

"Like it? I love it." I said, walking towards him.

I pulled him in for a hug and I just stood there for a few moments, wondering why his hands weren't hugging me back.

I stepped back and he pulled something out of his pocket and got down on one knee.

It's happening. I thought, tears were threatening to trickle down my face as I watched him.

He reached his arm up towards my face and I instinctively leaned towards him, letting him swipe a tear that had escaped.

"Look, I guarantee that there'll be tough times, I guarantee that as some point we'll get sick and tired of each other. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life because I know in my heart, your the one for me. I promise I will work hard to cherish you, to love you, and care for you, and I promise that no one will want to do it more than me. Will you make me the luckiest man alive and marry me?"

If I wasn't crying earlier, I'm crying now. The look of his face, the tears forming in his eyes, and the love that still managed to come through.

If I tried to form words, I'd probably choke on them so I just nodded.

He smiled beautifully and slid the ring easily onto my finger, then stood back up.

I took a couple deep breaths and then composed myself as an idea popped into my head.

"I liked you better on your knees Mr. Devlin. It suits you." I said, teasing.

"I think it's the other way around, soon to be Mrs. Devlin." He smirked, the words coming smoothly out of his mouth.
——————
That's the enddd!!! I'm so happy to announce that the epilogue will be posted tomorrow and I'm finally able to continue my other book that I put on hold!!
Psst. Go check it out ;)
I hope you guys liked this book, vote, comment, interact!! Love y'all!
Mwah
——————
Published- 9/20/22
Word count- 570
♥️