28- Adeline Knight- Everything's fine, kinda...

It has been a few days since Lorenzo was last here and I've been working from home.

My ass has almost completely healed and I've just been enjoying my time at home without having to worry about Lorenzo.

Okay who am I kidding.

I have been ignoring all calls, especially the ones that I get from Emery every 25 minutes and just drinking until I pass out every night.

I left my house once... to check my mail. I felt that I was achieving nothing so I needed to do something. And that was checking the mail.

Granted I didn't even look at them, I set them on my kitchen counter and haven't touched them since.

I can't even lie. I missed him but I don't have enough courage to face him again.

I got up from my couch and went to get myself another bottle of wine and I heard a knock at the door.

Ignoring it, I poured the wine into my cup. After a moment, I heard my door opening and Emery stormed in as I was sitting back on the couch.

"If I didn't have your spare key and knew you, I would've thought you died." She joked, placing the keys on my counter and joining me on the couch.

"So.... What happened?" She asked.

I shrugged in reply. Hmmmm. How do I tell my best friend that there was a person that used to tie me up and fuck me until I can walk but one day he got angry and beat the shit out of me and now I don't know how to talk to him even though I still want him?

"Nothing. I just wanted some time for myself." I said, sparing her of all the details.

"Bullshit." She said, calling me out.

She grabbed the remote from my coffee table and turned that TV off. "Let's go."

"Where the fuck do you think I'm going?" I replied, crossing my arms over my body.

"Lets go to a party." She said smiling. I could see a hint of mischief in her eyes and I knew she was up to no good. "We can let loose tonight. I'm almost 100% sure that your actions have something to do with that dude that took you to that party with me."

"No. It doesn't." I said, my voice calm, not showing any hint of if she was right or not but my face decided differently.

"That may be what your saying from your lips but your body language and your expression tell me otherwise. Come on. I have some dresses picked out in my car." She said, pulling me off the couch and taking me outside.

The sun was already setting and the sky outside was beautiful. "If you don't hurry up and come pick a dress, I'll pick one for you." She hollered with her head in the car.

"It's not like I wanted to go anyway. Go ahead." I said, taking a look back at the sunset before walking back in my house.

By the time she got herself and I ready, it was already pitch black outside. Notice how I said she got me ready? I sat there as she curled my hair into voluminous beach waves and a caked on shit ton of makeup. Hey, at least I look hot.

"All done!" She said cheerfully, dosing about a quarter of the setting spray on my face. "Let's get dressed."

"Ack— ah." I coughed as I tried to breath. "Gosh. You didn't need to empty the whole bottle of the spray on me. If you wanted me to suffocate, you could've just said so." I said, rolling my eyes as I pulled the dress over my head.

Emery nodded in agreement to my dress and everything in general.

"Don't you think this show too much?" I said, trying to pull the fabric down below my butt but it not having enough for my chest. (Imagine it how you like, just very skimpy and covers barely enough <3 )