Epilogue

A/N: I have no words to describe my emotions right now.

***IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END***

~Grace xx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                               ***Elena’s P.O.V.***

 I pulled the brush once more through my long soaking wet hair, before setting it back down on the counter, and exiting the small bathroom connected to my bedroom.

 Picking up the book I was in the middle of, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, I sat down on my window seat, ready to read. However, I was unable to keep my mind on the story of Hazel Grace and Augustus, as there was a different love story running around in my brain.

Zayn and I.

It was our 9 month anniversary, but I hadn’t seen him for a few weeks. The boys had a cluster of concerts over in the California and Nevada area, and although we texted constantly, and skyped almost daily, I still missed them.

Noticing something out of the corner of my eye, I tilted my gaze towards the beach, seeing the strangest thing.

If I had counted correctly, there were seven people, men most likely, spread across the beach, each holding a large black trash bag. Every few moments, they would reach into the bag and pull out something that I couldn’t identify, and lay it carefully on the rocks, almost like they were trying to make a picture of sorts.

Huh. That’s not something you see every day.

Losing curiosity in the mysterious people, I went back to the book, finally able to focus.

A few hours later, as the sky was turning gray, and the beach was abandoned by people, my phone buzzed in my pocket.

Pulling it out, I read a text from Zayn.

Look out your window, love xx

So, I did. Craning my neck towards the beach, I saw what the people had been doing earlier that day.

‘I Love You, Elena’ was written across the large beach in what looked like rose petals.

“They’re real petals,” I heard a voice speak, and gasped, spinning around wildly to find Zayn on the other side of my room, standing with a smirk, “So they won’t hurt the wildlife.”

“ZAYN!” I shouted, running forward into his arms. He caught me, and spun me around before setting me down and giving me a gentle kiss.

“Happy 9 month anniversary,” Her murmured sweetly against my lips.

“I thought you and the boys weren’t coming back for awhile,” I stated, the smile on my face genuine.

“I wanted to surprise you,” With that, Zayn pulled a small remote from his pocket, and pointed it towards the CD player I had beside my bed, clicking a red button.

A drop in the ocean, a change in the weather, I was praying that you and me might end up together, its like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert, but I’m holding you closer than most, cause you are my heaven...

I listened contently, as my favorite song poured from the speakers; Zayn knew me so well.

“Care to dance?” He asked, holding out his hand for me to take.

“I’d love to,”

We held together our hands, his other hand placed on my waist, and mine on his chest, swaying softly to the music. I placed my head gently where his heart was, listening to the calming rhythm of his heart beat.

“You know Elena,” He mumbled, “You’re my ‘drop in the ocean’, as cheesy as that sounds.”

“I love you Zayn,” I said abruptly, feeling a sudden need for him to know how I felt so deeply for him.

“I love you too Elena,” He replied with a gentle kiss, “I’ll never love anyone more than I love you.”

---------------------------------------------

A/N: Well, A Drop In The Ocean is officially over. *sobs/smiles/has stroke/DK??ST?KL?SDLH*

I WILL BE POSTING MY NEW ONE DIRECTION FAN FICTION IMMEDIATELY AFTER THIS, SO GO CHECK IT OUT!!!!!! :D

~Grace xx