Chapter 21

*dramatic overvoice* ONCE THERE WAS A GIRL... WITH A STORY IN HER HEART THAT HAS BEEN READ, AND SHARED WITH, LOVELY DIRECTIONERS ALL OVER THE WORLD...

THEY FIRST DEALT WITH 2 MONTHS OF WRITERS BLOCK BACK IN THE CHAPTER 9 DAYS... AND THEN A LACK OF UPDATES DURING THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER BECAUSE OF NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH...

AND THEN... THERE WAS CHAPTER 21. DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNNN!!

A CHAPTER THAT WILL CAUSE GASPS, SCREAMS, AND MAYBE EVEN TEARS, TO ENSUE.

WILL YOU BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT?

Hold on, people. This ride is about to get a little bit bumpy.

~Grace xx

------------------------------------------------------------

***Elena’s P.O.V.***

 “Psst. Psssst! Wake up!” I whispered, poking Zayn in the cheek. I giggled watching my finger go into his squishy face, and the weird face it gave him.

 “Hmm? Wha?” He mumbled, finally regaining consciousness; I had been doing this for 5 minutes!

 “Wake up,” I murmured, putting my face close to his so that I wouldn’t have to speak up, and wake the other boys.

 Zayn’s eyes suddenly flew open, and he saw me standing with my face directly above his. His luscious brown orbs opened in surprise at the sight of me.

 “Good, you’re awake,” I said, smiling widely.

 “Why did you wake me up?” Zayn mumbled back, and I was slightly taken off guard at his comfortableness with our close proximity.

 “I wanted to tell you I was going over to my room to change, but I’ll be right back.”

 “And why is it necessary for me to know that?” He inquired jokingly, his eyes sparkling contently.

 “Because I didn’t want you guys to wake up, find me missing, then run around screaming my name because you’re lost without me, and afraid that a pack of wild raccoons has kidnapped me.”

 Zayn burst out laughing at that, clutching his stomach, and rolling around in his place on the bed.

 Happy with myself for making Zayn laugh, I stood up, and skipped out of the room, saying a brief, “I’ll be right back!” and getting another round of his beautiful laughter in return.

 I felt... good. That was really the only way to describe it. Not wonderful, not bad, just... good. Also, I had this kind of on-top-of-the-world feeling.

 Zayn could always make me feel like this, and I don’t know how. He’s just special... He has that one thing, ya know?

 With a certain pep in my step, I jogged down to my room, and unlocked the door, letting myself in. When I took a step into the room, a blast of cool air hit my face, relaxing me even more than I already was.

 Deciding that I would take a shower later, I went over to my suitcase and pulled out an outfit that consisted of jeans, a black v-neck, and my gray Keds; Comfortable and casual, just how I like it.

 After changing in my bathroom, I attacked the nest of knots I called my hair. It took about five minutes of cringing and tugging roughly to get it untangled enough to brush through it normally. After I was done with that, I grabbed my small purple makeup bag, and applied a simple coat of mascara. For a moment, I debated whether or not to do something with my hair, then pulled my phone out of my pocket to check the weather for today.

 When I clicked on the app, it said that it would be in the high 90’s all day, with a sunny forecast; Looks like I’ll be rocking a ponytail.

 Not liking the sound of an empty room, and being used to the constant chatter of the boys, I reached over to the small radio that was on the corner of the counter. Switching it on, I flipped through the channels until I found one I liked.

 “-that was Want U Back by Cher Lloyd! Next up on the British invasion is a number 1 hit by a boy band that I’m sure all of you have heard of!”

 Cher Lloyd? Hmm, I’ve never heard of her. Or that other boy band for that matter. I wonder if their good?

 Suddenly, a familiar tune was floating through the room.

 “You’re insecure! Don’t know what for!”

 Hey, that was the song we heard on the day we went on a shopping trip! I smiled at the fond memory of singing in front of the boys for the first time later that day, and turned the volume on the radio up a few notches before brushing back my hair, and pulling it up into a tight, high ponytail.

 I was starting to get into the song, humming along to the chorus. Then, when the next verse started, I stopped dead in my tracks.

 “So c-c’mon! You’ve got it wrong! To prove I’m right, i’ll put it in a song!”

 My eyes widened to the size of saucers in recognition of that unmistakable voice. It was Zayn!

 I listened to the rest of song, my heart beat increasing speed every second. Soon, it ended, and the radio announcer spoke.

 “And there you have it! That tune was What Makes You Beautiful by the one and only, One Direction!”

 Fumbling to gain control of my own hands, I picked up my phone, and shakily unlocked it, going straight to google images and typing in ‘One Direction’.

 In my head, I was chanting over and over again, this isn’t happening, this isn’t happening, but I couldn’t fool myself.

 I don’t quite think my brain immediately registered the millions and millions of pictures that popped up of five boys on TV, surrounded by tons of fans, and even performing in concert.

 The five boys who I trusted. The five boys who I called my friends, who I thought I could trust. The five British and Irish boys named Liam, Harry, Louis, Niall, and Zayn, who, apparently were in a band called One Direction.

 As if it just then struck me that this was really happening, that this was all real, my head slowly turned upwards, until I was staring at myself in the mirror, eye to eye with reality.

Oh. My. God.