⋆ Chapter 3 ⋆

III. • °

I was woken up by the light that was shining in from my window. The light was glimmering in my eyes and I slowly opened them up. I rubbed them as I sat up on the side of my bed, I felt like shit.

I didn't bother checking my phone this morning because I knew it was nothing important. I grabbed some underwear and a bra out of my drawer.

I headed to the bathroom and turned on the faucet. I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste and began to brush my teeth. When I was finished I turned the faucet handles so that it would be cold.

I took some water in my hands and splashed it on my face, looking at myself in the mirror. I was extremely tired from all the tears I had cried last night and I really just wanted to climb back in bed and call it a day. But I knew I couldn't.

I turned the shower on, before I got in I made sure it was hot, exactly how I liked it and I began to shower. When I was done I got out and dried off, and grabbed some lotion and rubbed it on my body.

I put my bra and panties on and wrapped the towel back around me and headed back to my room. I picked out an oversized black and white flannel shirt and paired it with a black shirt with blue jeans and my converses. I wanted to keep it  a-little dark today just in case something else were to spill on me.

I didn't see my dad this morning so my guess was he slept in due to the insane hangover he was going to have when he got up.

Due to the fact that I woke up a tad early today I had enough time to make my dad some breakfast before I headed out to catch the bus.

I looked in the cabinet and got a skillet for his pancakes and another skillet for his bacon.

Some people liked big breakfasts or maybe even a full plate of it, but not my dad. He ate like a bird, barely anything, and then had stuff left over.

When I was younger I used to always finish his food after he was done because I knew he would never come back for it.

He used to call me ' 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘺 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 '... before he had come up with the name kiddo.

Things like that about my childhood will always be the best memories. Ones I would never want to lose.

When I was finished making his food I covered it and put it on the stove. I decided to write him a-little note as well making sure he knew that I wanted him to eat at least something today given the fact I had to work after school today.

When I was finished with everything, I walked down the stairs and headed to the bus stop.

When I walked in the school I walked to my locker to grab my books for my first period, which sadly would be physics.

My physics class was toward the end of the hall so I had to walk pass the bathroom to get there, and that's when I saw Nadia. Thereby the bathroom door.

I walked passed without making any eye contact, I was going to return her shirt but I didn't realize I would see her this early in the morning.

"Hey, Jose!" I heard a familiar voice right then and turned around and saw that it was Nadia approaching me smiling wildly with another blonde-headed girl with freckles covering her cheeks.