⋆ Chapter 7 ⋆

VII. • °

𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬*𝐱 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞. 𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞. 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 (-) 𝐬𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 (-) 𝐬𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐝.

Today was Saturday, the day of the sleepover we were having at Nadia's place.

I had already been to work for the week, I only worked Tuesday and Thursday and on both days Jackson wasn't at work. Nothing concerning, he was able to work during the day whereas I could only work in the afternoons during the week due to school.I decided to not let my nerves get the best of me, at least for today. I was actually excited to get a night out, and I felt like it was what I needed.

It was the first time in a while that I would be hanging out with others my age. I guess I was starting to feel like I could trust them...in a way. But I was just really meeting them and knew nothing about them. But...I guess I could give them a chance, right? Even though Nadia said this would be something to cheer her up, I also just felt like she wanted to spend time with Tessa and me, and honestly so did I.

Meanwhile, me and my dad have been in two different worlds lately. I was actually starting to worry about him more at this point. He was barely home and when he was, he was drinking profusely. But again... I wasn't trying to let that get the best of me because I know why he was doing so and there was nothing I could do to help.

Although there was no need for me to ask my dad to go out, I still wanted to have some sort of communication just in case he needed me for anything.

I headed out my room door in hopes of finding him there, I checked his room and the living room and there was no sign of him. I didn't even know if he had come home last night.

I decided to write a note letting him know I was going out for a while and after I was done I went to get ready. After I got out of the shower I packed some clothes, pajamas, a toothbrush, toothpaste, body wash, and a washcloth. I was planning on leaving Sunday.

Since we had each other numbers now it made communication much easier, I texted in the group chat to let them know I was ready.

𝗜'𝗺 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴?
𝗧𝗲𝘀𝘀: 𝗢𝗺𝘄
𝗡𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗮: 𝗢𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗧𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗴...
𝗧𝗲𝘀𝘀:𝗕𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝗜'𝗺 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗼𝗶𝗹𝗲𝘁, 𝗜'𝗺 𝗽𝘂𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝘂𝘁𝗲, 𝘄𝗲'𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻.

When I arrived at Nadia's house it was absolutely beautiful. It was grey on the outside and the color of it really stood out from the rest of the houses on the street. It caught my eye before we even pulled into the driveway. When we got into the house I saw luggage by the front door and heard someone rummaging around the kitchen.