⋆ Chapter 19 ⋆

XIX. • °

This week was going to be a big week. I was going to be testing this whole week and I was determined to test well in every class. Last night when I got home from work it was hard trying to get Nadia and Tessa to focus so that we could study.

Tessa was taking her Spanish exam today in Mr.Garcia's class, Nadia was taking her History exam today in Mr.Dawson's class, and sadly I was taking my Physics exam today in Ms.Webster's class. 

Each of us knew a little bit more about the other subject so in a way, we all helped each other study. Nadia was fluent in Spanish, Tessa crazy enough was good in Physics, and I was better at History. Even though I was upset that Jackson hadn't been completely honest with me, I let it go so that I could try my best to focus.

I was just planning on not seeing him at all until he left. Maybe that makes me selfish, I mean I didn't know his situation or why he was leaving but still was it bad for me to be upset that I didn't know?

Yes...he was my work friend, but he still was a friend. When I had no one, before I felt comfortable making friends or before I felt comfortable being around others my age. It was only him for the whole year I had worked at my job. Honestly, that helped keep me sane, but I never told him.

But who am I to be upset at him because of my own benefit, because I had someone there when I needed somebody? It wasn't right and I knew that, but it still hurt.

Due to my studying all night, I didn't get any sleep, I was exhausted. All of us were. The time read 5:00 am, we had to be there by 7 am to prep because testing started exactly at 8 am. I knew that I was going to have to get them up to make sure we would not be late today.

I gently got up from the bed, Nadia and Tessa were sleeping still. Our notebooks which consisted of our notes and our books were scattered over the bed.

Tessa had her Spanish textbook covering her face and Nadia had pieces of paper that she ripped up caught in her hair. And me...well besides me having extreme bags under my eyes from no sleep I would say I was doing alright, kind of.

"Guys..." I say letting out a big yawn. "It's time to get up."

"Hmm," Nadia let out slowly battering her eyes.

I stumbled over to Tessa's side of the bed, "Tess...Tessa, get up." I pulled the textbook off her face then walked over to the light switch and turned it on.

Tessa reacted to the bright ceiling light shining above her. She put her hands up over her eyes."Just...five more minutes..."

"Guys, come on we can't. We have to be there by 7 am today and you know what Mr.Dawson-"

"Blah blah blah." Tessa interrupted me, she pulled out her phone from beneath her looking at it. "Are you crazy, it's five in the morning?"

Nadia got up from her bed walking over to her closet."Tess, come on let's just get up Jose is right if we don't get up now we're gonna be late."

Tessa let out an overreacting groan before getting up from the bed and walking over to the bathroom. Nadia put her clothes on the bed and walked to the bathroom with Tessa both looking in the mirror.

"Oh my..."

"Yeah, you look...terrible. "Tessa blurted, she looked over beside her looking at Nadia. "Is this... notebook paper?" She grabbed a piece from Nadia's hair revealing it to her.

Nadia sighed looking through her hair for more. "What, I don't even remember anything from last night."

I walked over to the bathroom door and stood outside. "We were studying then you guys fell asleep, I stayed up and still studied, and...yeah I didn't sleep at all."