⋆ Chapter 10 ⋆

X. • °

On the way back to class from lunch, I had to pass by Mr.Freya's class to get to History.

"Josie, can I speak to you for a moment?" Mr.Freya asked stepping back into his classroom and I followed.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, no nothing is wrong. But I did want to thank you for tutoring yesterday Mrs.Grey reported back to me that you did attend. And for your participation, I wanted to say that you don't have to tutor anymore after this week. I know it was going to make situations harder for you since you work."

I stood there with raised eyebrows surprised. I mean it was always my choice, but I wanted to do it because of Mr.Freya even though who I was tutoring...was Silas. 

Before yesterday if he had brought this to my attention I would've taken him up on that offer and agreed. But since I had gone, I could see that Silas could use the help, and...maybe I could be able to work through it for that reason only.

"No no, it's fine." I paused with wandering eyes. "I want to continue I don't want to quit."

As the words left my lips I could see him expressing a confused look with a mixture of shock on his face that I was saying this after what I had said before. "Are you sure because-"

"Yes, I mean I like tutoring now. Helping people it's...good...fun, I mean a good thin-"

"Okay..." He breathed letting off a slight nod and pausing my rambling. " Well if you so much as enjoy it then thanks for continuing. I'll let Mrs.Grey know and...that's all I had to chat with you about you may go." He walked over to his desk and took a seat.

"Okay..." I mouthed as I walked to the door and turned to leave.

When I got to the door frame turning to leave on my right there was a figure standing by the door. I met with them at the mid-chest level. As my eyes slowly moved up to theirs I saw it that in my way was Silas.

I stopped dead in my tracks and my shoe made a skeet sound against the hardwood floor. Puzzled to see him, I was wondering why he was standing there.

"Were you..."

"No." He scoffed stepping away from the door to let me by. I blew it off and began to walk past him.

As I began to, I heard footsteps trailing behind me.

"So...what you're not going to quit tutoring?" He asked me as he got on the other side of me and we were now side by side walking down the hall.

My brain was trying to marinate his question...now he wanted another tutor when I just agreed to Mr.Freya that I would continue.

 I knew I shouldn't have gone in the first place, I knew I should've just said no. But no, I decided to be nice to someone who didn't deserve it. "Now you want me to quit? Just ask to be paired with someone else then-"

"Well if you would listen you would know that's not what I was asking." He says back bluntly, I shoot him a quick look and he catches it. "I uh...just thought that you wouldn't want to continue but it's good...fun..."

It took me a minute to realize what he was getting at until I did. "I thought you said you weren't listening?" I slowed down my pace in walking coming to a stop.

He came to a stop, partially facing me. "Well I had to talk to Mr.Freya about something so I overheard." I felt his gaze deeming down on me while I tried to avoid looking up at him but couldn't. 

His presence was so heavy and maybe a lot of that had to do with both of us knowing what happened before but he didn't mention it. I glanced up at him and saw as his eyes moved over to mine and I quickly looked away.