Chapter 10 Find your push

Khalil Pov

I sat up and watched Cass snore softly in his sleep. I didn't want to seem like a creep so I got up and went into my closet, I took off my shirt and walked out with only underwear and sweat pants on.

Going into the bathroom I washed my face and brushed my teeth, once I was done I went down stay and began to turn some music on.

This time I was playing "save your tears" by The Weeknd

Today I was making a meal for two so I took out some bacon bites, rice, pork chop, and crab meat. If you're wondering why I'm make a whole four course meals it's because it's 5pm. Yes we overslept because of that ridiculous alcohol but I love cooking so it doesn't matter to me.

I was busy seasoning the meat when I felt a presence behind me

"I didn't hear you come down" I muttered

He did a short chuckle "that's because you were busy dancing and enjoying your time cooking, mind if I join?" He smiles

A grin came on my face "I don't mind at all, here finish season the meat I'll grab the oil and get the oven ready"

As he cooked and moved around I was observing his body. Cass wasn't the buff type, he was more slim than buff, he was built in between.

I was staring so long that I didn't realize he stopped cooking and moved towards me

"Khalil, snap out of it. You're suppose to be helping me cook" he frowned slightly

I smiled "I'm sorry I just got distracted" I mumbled walking into him and wrapping my arm around his waist

He smirks "it's okay I understand, I mean you were admiring something beautiful" he says smugly at the end making me pull away and hit his shoulder lightly.

Suddenly my phone rang and I already knew who it was so I put a finger on my lips to tell Cass be quiet but he just smiled.

"Cole" I smiled on the phone

"Khalil" he stated, he sounds mad.

"Is something wrong?"I asked

"Yes, didn't I have a job for you yesterday?" My eyes widened

Oh shit!

"I'm sorry Cole, I got totally sid-"

"Sidetracked? Yeah I know, you're always fucking up" he lets out a cold chuckle.

"Look I'm really sorry ma-"

"Khalil, ENOUGH!!" He shouts from the phone making me jump back even Cass flinched I'm sure he heard him. Fuck!

"I can go now and do it" I said trying to get him to calm down but the thing is I've been messing up every mission he's given me sometimes even the most simplest things.

"No it's alright I gave the job to Luke, I mean Khalil you're suppose to surpass Luke and then surpass me one day if it's anyone who I thought could ever fill my shoes it's you but maybe until you show me you're ready don't call my number"

"What?" My voice came out in a whisper

Before I can register anything Cole hangs up.

No!

My one chance to prove to him I'm worthy of my mafia gone......

"Khalil" I head Cass voice, his arms came on my shoulder

"Don't cry" he says wiping my eyes

I hadn't even noticed I was crying "It hurts" I mumbled

"What hurts? Please tell me" he pleaded I can tell he was worried.

"My pride, my heart, my dreams" he looks at me not saying anything waiting for me to continue.

When I didn't speak he spoke up "Who was that on the phone?"

I didn't reply I don't know what to say

"Don't tell me I'm competing with someone for you" my eyes widened

"No no you're not" I exclaim quickly

He smiles then starts laughing making me joined him.

I decided to tell him

"It was Cole" I said looking at him

"Who is that?"

"It's my Don, my mafia leader. He gives us missions and trains us in return we get paid and we get pay good! But most of us love doing our job and being around the other members, along with Cole he's great"

"What do you mean great?" He asked

"Well he's the smartest guy in the world, he's strong and powerful, his gang is the strongest mafia there is but it was only just last year he showed his face to the world he had his mafia over four years and no one knew his identity except for those he tell which we're only one person" I watched as Cass eyes widened.

"He had a gan- I mean mafia for four years and no one knew who he was and you're trying to tell me some people still don't know his identity! What the hell? But wait how did you get in his gang if you started your own? Did he take it from you?" He loads me up with questions

"One he didn't take it I gave them to him, and two I needed the training I wasn't strong enough and I'm still not. Last night he gave me a mission and I completely forgot about it! Every-time he gives me an important mission I fail him and I hate it, it's like I'm proving to him I can never be up to his level and I want to be at his level even he wants me to surpass him one day but I just fuck up all the time and he's had enough after that call he won't ever give me a mission and he's so disappointed" I fall back on the chair closing my eyes.

"I'll tell you what I think, that Cole guys sounds freaking scary from all the things you told me. You can never reach up to a person like that level no matter how much training you do, you'll need a push and something had to push him to get him that strong I won't go into so much but in order for you to get strong and focus how you want to you need to find that push, find your push Khalil" he stands up quickly walking to the kitchen to check on the oven.

Find my push huh?

"We're ordering take out" he shouts from the kitchen as I smell something burnt.

"It's all your fault" he shouts opening the front door and windows.

I got up and laughed "Sureeee blame it all on me"

***please vote*****