Chapter 16 That was too close/frustration

Khalil's Pov

It was the time to go check in with those guys I met last time at the club I needed to know if they got any leads before I leave for Mexico.

I walked back to the same area I met Quinton and his crew the last time I was here with them.

"I see you're back!" Quinton exclaims raising his eyebrows

"Yeah I am, now I need to know what all you guys got on Ryan and Maddox since I left" I sit down beside him.

Instantly a memory from Cole came to me "Don't ever go in a meeting or anywhere and sit on the side of someone you don't trust, it's common sense Khalil"

I immediately stand up and sit across from him and he corked his eyebrow but then dropped him.

"Anyway, we found out that Ryan has been seeing this guy who he always goes to on Tuesdays and Friday, we're not sure why he goes there but we know he goes there every week on those days and leaves like 3 in the morning"

"Okay and what about Maddox?" I ask

"Funny thing, he goes to this therapist once every two weeks and only once but the day is different every time he goes so that'll be something you'll have to figure out" he finishes

I nodded

"You got anything for us?" He asks

I frowned "No sorry, I've been busy lately but I'm going to Mexico tomorrow so I'll have to update you from there" I stand up

He grips my wrist and gives me a death glare "Remember the deal, our boss gets him first then Cole can have him" he says

I pulled my hand away "I don't break deals but if Cole were to find out that I'm carrying them to your boss first he'll order me to bring them to him first and I won't have a choice"

He scoffs and walks away

I went to my car, once I got in and started driving then I called Cole.

Ring......

Ring........

Ring..........

Ring.........

Shit what hell is he doing It's not like he's busy because he has been avoiding meetings with other mafia leaders.

I decided to drive there but immediately change my mind. I don't think he wants me coming after all our arguments and me slacking off, even though he still talks to me I know he's expecting results.

I wanted to drive to Cass's house but unfortunately I do not know where that is, so I went home.

After my 4 hour nap I decide to make my self some dinner I wanted to try something new. Searching through my cupboard I found rice paper which gave me and idea.

I took out the rice paper, the avocados, shrimp, lettuce, ham and shredded cheese.

I began season my shrimp and slicing my avocado's.

"Okay next step, place the rice paper into warm water for fifteen seconds" I said as I follow the instructions

Once I rest it down on a cloth after I did six rice paper, I started frying my shrimp and ham. When it's done I put the shrimp on the rice paper along with the avocados including the ham I added the lettuce and cheese and sprinkled black pepper on the avocado, then I began to roll it once it's fully rolled I dip it in watery flower for the outside to have a nice crunch. And Voila!