Future Queen

Scott's POV

"Scott! Hurry up!" Today was the day I was meeting my 'Future Queen,' yay me. I rolled my eyes and walked out of my room and downstairs. "Finally you're down." Xornoth rolled his eyes.

"Scott, It is time to meet your future queen." Mum explained, opening the front door to a beautiful princess wearing a long, pink dress. 

"Princess Katherine of House Blossom, welcome." My parents welcomed her.

"Thank you." She bowed.

I started to hear loud noises outside, like a crowd of people talking. "Mum? Dad? Why is it so crowded outside?"

"There here for your wedding!" Dad said excitedly. I looked over to my brother with a shocked expression. He looked just as shocked as he was the only one that knew the truth, that I was gay. He fully supported me, but I knew I couldn't tell my parents. He didn't like how I was forced to marry a princess and kept saying that I should tell them, but I knew they wouldn't approve.

"Mum! Dad! Think about this, Scott's no where near ready." Xornoth tried to convince them in a subtle way, but I knew he was doing it to help me.

"Oh come on Xornoth!" Dad looked at him angrily. "When are you going to realize that Scott is older now, stop treating him like he can't do anything!" 

Xornoth was about to argue, but before he could, I cut in. "No Dad! When are you going to realize that I'm gay!" I shouted, then ran out of the building. As I ran, I heard my parents calls and them apologizing to Katherine.

I kept running, as far away as possible, tears running down my face. My vision blurred as I ran and soon I couldn't see anything, I lost track of where I was and didn't even realize how far away from Rivendell I had gone until I stopped and looked around. I couldn't even see what direction I had come from, or hear the people of Rivendell. 

It was starting to get dark already, so I sat under a tree to rest.

"Hello...? Hello?" I woke up to someone talking and shaking my shoulder. I must have fallen asleep without realizing it. I looked up to see who had found me. "Why are you out here all alone?" I couldn't believe my eyes, in front of me stood the most handsome man I had ever seen. "Hello? Anyone home" He giggled a little. I hadn't even realized I was staring at him.

"Oh, s-sorry. I-" I stopped talking, replaying the events that happened only the day before. Could I trust this stranger? I didn't even know him. He must have realized that as well because he started talking again."

"Oh I should introduce myself. I'm Jimmy." I was shocked.

"W-Wait, Jimmy as in prince Jimmy?" I had heard of him before, but never seen him for myself.

"Yes, and you are?" 

"Scott." He stopped smiling.

"Prince Scott? Weren't you meant to be getting married yesterday? Why are you all the way out here?" 

"I-" I couldn't take it anymore, I just broke down crying. I had come out to my parents in the worst way possible. I was supposed to get married yesterday. I felt sorry for leaving Katherine like that. If I went back, I would probably be in big trouble-

"Scott? What's wrong?" He sat down next to me and surprisingly that calmed me down a little.

After a few minutes of Jimmy calming me down, I was finally ready to explain. "My-My parents are m-making me m-marry a princess I only m-met y-yesterday..." I trailed off, sobbing.

"Hey, sounds like what my parents want me to do." He chuckled, obviously trying to cheer me up.

I looked over to him and smiled. "I bet you're not gay." I jokingly said. His face dropped.

"Oh..." 

He looked like he didn't know what to say, so I continued. "Sorry, I shouldn't have said that-"

"Oh, no it's ok. I just wasn't expecting that...so...they don't know?" I stopped smiling and looked back down.

"Well, they do now. It was the last thing I said to them before I ran off."

"Oh, that's the worst way to come out to your parents..." I thought he was here to comfort me? This was not how you comfort someone. I started crying again, thinking about what had happened yesterday. "Oh s-sorry, I'm not good at comforting people. I never really know what to say...um...it's ok, d-don't cry...um-" I turned my head to look at him and giggled.

"Thanks for trying Jimmy." He smiled.

"Are you feeling better?"

"A little." His face brightened and a silly grin appeared.

"I did it!"

"Yes Jimmy, yes you did." I said through laughter, he joined in. This was the first time in ages I felt happy, I felt safe. I never wanted this moment to end, but of course we couldn't stay here forever.

"Scott?! Scott?!" We stopped laughing and looked around to see where the shouting was coming from.

"Who's that?" Jimmy asked, turning to look back at me. After a second, I recognized the voiced.

"I think it's my brother. He's probably looking for me."

"Scott?! Where are you?!"

"Sorry Jimmy, I have to go." I didn't want to leave, but I had to let my brother know I was ok.

"Oh, ok." I started to get up to go, but stopped when I saw his face. He had his head down and looked sad.

"I'll see you later." He looked up and his face seemed to brighten.

"Y-Yeah, see you later." I smiled and walked towards my brothers voice. I hope he wasn't angry at me for running off.

Jimmy's POV

Why was I so sad to hear that he had to go? I had only just met him. Scott stopped and turned back to me. "I'll see you later." I looked up and couldn't help but be excited, he wanted to see me again?

"Y-Yeah, see you later." I smiled as I watched him walk away. I couldn't figure out what I was feeling. Excitement? Happiness? I felt the wind pick up, snapping me out of my thoughts, then I realized I had been sitting under that tree for over an hour. How? It had only felt like a couple minutes. I got up and started heading home.

When I got home, I was greeted by my dad. "There you are Jimmy. Have you decided on who you want to be your queen?"

I scratched my head sheepishly. "N-No."

"Alright, you've had long enough. If you don't find someone in the next week, I'll be forced to choose someone for you."

A week? How was I supposed to find someone in a week? My dad walked away, leaving me there to think. My mind then flashed to Scott, I missed him already. Wait, why was I thinking about Scott? I need to concentrate on finding a future queen.