Until next time...

Scott's eyes were wide open in fear, his hands pulling at the force keeping his mouth closed. He struggled against his will to break free, but the figure behind him was stronger, keeping hold of him.

There was suddenly a familiar voice whispering in his ear. "Shh."

Scott immediately stopped his struggling and turned his head to come face to face with a familiar blonde, a few scratches on his face. Jimmy gently let his arms loosen while Scott stepped back in confusion.

"Wha-How?" Scott was frozen in shock, he was sure he was going to have to save Jimmy from his brother, how was he standing there in front of him?

Jimmy raised his finger to his lips, signalling for Scott to be quiet. "Shh, I'll explain later. Come on." He took Scott's hand and pulled him towards the cave entrance as quickly as possible, making sure to keep quiet.

As they left the cave Scott quickly took the lead, showing Jimmy the way back along the path. They reached the end of the forest, Rivendell coming into view, and immediately Scott wrapped Jimmy in a tight hug.

"What happened?" His voice was almost a whisper, as if he feared what the answer would be.

Jimmy hesitantly pulled away, his eyes averting to the ground. "I-I don't know... I woke up to a dark room, there was no one around so I just looked around for a way out. Xornoth found out, hence the scratches on my face-" He gestured to the marks on his face.

"He disappeared off somewhere again, so I took that opportunity to find a way out, that's when I found you." Jimmy turned his gaze back up to Scott, examining his face for any sign of what he was thinking.

Scott's expression contorted to worry as he realized what the blonde had been through in such a short period of time. His frown slowly changed to a smile. "I'm glad you're safe now."

Jimmy smiled as well, realizing just how much the elf cared about him.

----------

Somewhere behind the trees a figure hid in the shadows, seething as the two exchanged worried, yet relieved glances. They had escaped this time, but next time they wouldn't be so lucky.