Together at last

Scott's POV

"Hey Jimmy!" I walked over to where he was waiting. After what had happened a week ago, we decided to try going on a date again, this time hoping nothing will go wrong. I smiled and sat down on the picnic blanket next to him.

"Hey Scott!" 

"So I see you're not kissing anyone this time." I smiled. We had gotten over what had happened and now it was more of a joke.

"Yeah, no one was around, so I guess I'm stuck here." He said sarcastically.

I knew it was only a joke so I decided to play along. I forced a frown, acting sad. "I guess I'll go then..." I started getting up to walk away.

Jimmy grabbed my arm. "Wait! Scott! I'm sorry, it was a joke. P-Please st-stay..." He actually looked like he was going to cry, I felt guilty now. I didn't want him to be sad. I sat back down next to him.

"Jimmy, I was joking as well. I didn't think you would get upset, sorry."

He then started smiling. "Can't we ever just have a normal date without anything going wrong?" We both started laughing.

"Apparently not." We started to finally calm down a little after a while. "So...take three?" He chuckled, so I got up and walked a few steps away, then turned back to Jimmy. "Hey Jimmy! Ready for our first date?" I winked and walked over to sit next to him again.

He chuckled. "As ready as I'll ever be." We started laughing again.

~After the date (At Rivendell)~

"I had a lot of fun today." Jimmy said, standing at the door to my house.

"Me too." I really didn't want him to leave yet.

"Bye Scott." He turned around to leave, but without thinking, I stopped him.

"Wait! Before you go..." He turned back around again. I wasn't really sure what I was saying, it just came out. "D-Do you want to c-come inside and we can maybe watch a m-movie?" My cheeks started heating up.

He chuckled. "You're not sick of me yet?" 

"Never!"

"So...did you have a movie in mind?" I smiled and opened the door further to let him walk in. 

"No, any suggestions?"

After we agreed on a movie, I gathered some food while Jimmy went to wait on the couch. I chose a selection of food that I thought we would both enjoy, then went to sit next to him. As the movie was playing, all I could think about was Jimmy. Without thinking, I reached my arm over and wrapped it around him. I felt him flinch, so I quickly took my arm back. "S-Sorry..." My face started heating up, I was probably as red as a tomato by now.

He smiled. "I-It's ok, I don't mind." To my surprise he leant in and placed his head on my shoulder. I froze for a second, then slowly wrapped my arm back around him and laid my head down as well, then we went back to watching the movie. Eventually my eyes got heavier and soon I was fast asleep, Jimmy sleeping next to me.

I opened my eyes to a blinding light. I looked around to see where it was coming from, then realized it was the sun beaming through the window. I felt something against me, so I looked over and saw Jimmy still asleep on my shoulder. I smiled and pulled him in closer. 

He stirred. "S-Scott...?"

"Sorry for waking you."

Jimmy lifted his head and looked around. "What time is it?" He still sounded half asleep.

I looked at the clock. "7:23, why?" I turned back to him and his face changed to worry. "Jimmy? What's wrong?"

"Lizzie! She's gonna kill me!" I hugged him. 

"Don't worry, I'll tell her it was my fault-"

He broke away from the hug and looked at me in disbelief. "No Scott! She'll literally kill you!"

I chuckled. "She can try."

"Scott!"

"Ok fine." I rolled my eyes. "I'll help you, come on." We got up from the couch. "It's only Lizzie, how bad could it be?"

"Don't underestimate her." We chuckled and started walking to the door. 

When we got to Jimmy's house, he stopped before we got to the door. I turned to look at him. "Jimmy?"

"Sorry, I just..."

"It's ok, just take your time." I took his hand and smiled at him. 

He looked up and smiled. "I'm ready." We slowly walked up to the door and I felt Jimmy squeeze my hand tighter. He opened the door and before I could take in my surroundings, Lizzie jumped up and started yelling. 

"Jimmy! Where have you been!" Before Jimmy could answer she turned to look at me. "Oh, Scott! What are you doing here?" Then she looked down to our interlocked hands. "OMG!" 

I felt Jimmy's hand slip from mine, the warmth leaving me. "Oh, uh..." He rubbed the back of his head with his hand.

"Soooo, are you guys like a thing now or...?" 

We turned to each other and I realized I didn't know the answer to Lizzie's question. Yeah we had gone on a date and we both liked each other, but we hadn't made it official yet. We turned back to Lizzie again.

"Ohhhhhh, I guess that's my que to leave then." She must have realized what we were both thinking. Before she left she turned back around. "Oh and Jimmy?"

"Y-Yeah?" He sounded worried.

"You're in big trouble when you two are done." She turned and walked away.

I turned to face Jimmy, but he was just staring at the floor. "So...uh..."

Before he could say anything further, I cut him off. "Jimmy?" 

"Y-Yeah?"

"D-Do you want to b-be my b-boyfriend?" I was nervous at what his reply would be. He looked up and I saw a small smile appear on his face.

"Wh-What?"

"Do you want to be my boyfriend?" I repeated more confidently. I saw his face brighten.

"Y-Yes! Of course!" He leapt forward and wrapped his arms around my and I hugged back. 

"Eeeeeeeeee!" 

We pulled back a little, still holding each other, and gave each other a confused look. 

"Forget you heard that!" We heard Lizzie yell out. "Carry on!" We looked at each other and laughed, then we both pulled away.

"Lizzie! You can come in now!" We chuckled as she slowly walked back in.

"Soooo...what happened?" We looked at her and she smiled cheekily. We both started laughing while she just watched us with a sheepish look on her face.