Emotionless

Jimmy's POV

I was stupid. Why did I say that? Scott probably thinks I don't want to be with him now. I curled up on my bed and cried into my hands. I wished I could just go back in time and not say that. What if he never wants to see me again?

I heard a knock at the door. "Jimmy?"

I didn't feel like talking to anyone, I just wanted to be alone so I ignored her. After a while of silence, I heard the door creek open, I kept my head down.

"I'm sorry Jimmy...I shouldn't have interfered..."

I looked up, tears dripping down my face. "It-It wasn't y-your fault...it was m-mine..." I turned my head back down again.

"Jimmy-"

"Please Lizzie...I just want to be alone..."

"Jimmy I-"

"Please..." I wasn't angry at her, I just wanted to be along, to be able to think straight.

Scott's POV

As soon as I had hung up, I just laid on my bed staring at the ceiling emotionless. I couldn't even bring myself to cry, I felt no emotion, it was like I had gone into some sort of shock.

"Scott?"

I couldn't think straight, one word swirling around in my head over and over: Friend.

"Scott?"

I had somehow drained out the real world, oblivious to anything that was happening.

"Scott!"

I snapped back to reality and turned to face the door, still emotionless.

"Finally, I've been calling you for 5 minutes straight."

"Sorry." I said in a flat tone, giving nothing away. I mean there was nothing to give away, what did it matter what Jimmy thought we were. That's his choice, I can't make that choice for him.

"Scott!"

"What?"

"I asked what's wrong."

I must have zoned out again. "Oh, I'm fine." Again, keeping a straight face.

"Why do you keep zoning out?"

"Don't worry about it." I got up and walked past Xornoth, him giving me a weird side eyed glare. I was fine. Why was he worrying? Sure, Jimmy said we were friends, but that's no reason to put my whole life on hold to sit in my room and cry. No, I was going to get out and do something productive. I'm not sure what that 'something productive' is yet, but I'll figure it out.

As I was walking past the kitchen, I heard a knock at the door.

Jimmy's POV

The door opened and an expressionless face appeared. This was my fault. I shouldn't have said what I did. A tear slowly dripped down my already tear stricken face.

"Jimmy?" He talked in a secretive tone, no emotion showing.

"S-Scott...I'm sorry, I panicked and-"

He cut me off, still showing no emotion. "It's fine, was there anything else you came for?"

I just stood in shock. I just apologized to him and he just looked at me with no emotion asking if there was anything else I came for? What was he doing? "Scott...please...I want the old you back. Why are you acting like this?"

"Why does everyone think I'm not ok?" I don't know how, but even that he seemed to say without even a hint of annoyance.

"Scott, please...I'm so sorry..." Another tear dropped from my eye. I just wanted things to go back to how they were. I missed him.

"I accept your apology, now is that all?" He was still showing no emotion.

I had no idea how he felt. Had he fully accepted my apology and we can go back to how things were? Was he just saying that to get me to leave? I had no idea. "Scott! Just show some emotion, please!" I didn't mean to yell at him, but he was making me angry, not knowing how he was feeling. Why was he acting like this? Normally when you're sad you cry or take your anger out on something or someone, not turn off your emotions.

He sighed. "Bye Jimmy." Then the door was closed and I was left even more confused than ever. He didn't even get angry that I yelled at him. That's it! My new priority is to get Scott's emotions back. I had to try to trigger different emotions. First step; anger. I had to make him angry.

Scott's POV

Why had he yelled at me? I wasn't angry, I was just confused. Why did everyone think there was something wrong? There not! I turned away from the door to see Xornoth staring at me.

"Scott..."

"What?" By now, showing no emotion had become a habit. I was used to it now and it just came naturally to me.

"He's got a point you know..."

I rolled my eyes. "Not you too." Then walked straight past him to my room.

"Scott! You can't stay like this forever!" I heard him yell after me. I just ignored him and kept walking.

It had been a few hours now of me just sitting in my room, Xornoth occasionally trying to talk to me, but I ignored him every time. I decided I should probably at least get some fresh air, so I put my shoes on and left the house before I was interrogated by Xornoth again about why I was supposedly 'acting weird.'

I didn't notice where I was going at first, just letting my legs take me, until I recognized the land. The cod empire. How did I end up here? Why am I here? I quickly turned to walk the other way, hoping to avoid a curtain cod father. It was unsuccessful when I heard a voice behind me.

"Scott?" I turned around to see Jimmy looking at me confused.

"Oh, hi Jimmy." I tried my best to show no emotion, but still be friendly. After all, isn't that what jimmy said we were? Friends?

"Hey! What brings you here?" He sounded so happy, but I wasn't sure why.

"I was just on a walk and somehow ended up here."

His expression slowly faded into sadness. "O-Oh..."

"I should go, see you later."

I went to leave but felt something land on my arm, pulling it tight. "No! I've had enough of this Scott. You're not yourself! All this because I said you were my friend?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

What was he doing? Why was he yelling? Did he think that was supposed to make me sad or angry? "Why are you yelling? I can hear you perfectly fine." I said in a calm way.

"That-What? How...? Why aren't you angry that I yelled at you?"

"Should I be?" He just stared at me dumbfounded. After a few seconds I started talking again. "You done?"

"But I-"

"Bye Jimmy."

I turned to walk away, hearing a distant "bye" as I got further away.

Jimmy's POV

How did that not work? The Scott I know would have gotten upset or yelled back at the very least, but this new Scott apparently didn't care about anything. I just wanted the old Scott back.

What about happiness? I could show him a good time, maybe then he'll show his emotions again. I just had to figure out how to get him to come with me. He seemed to be half avoiding me, like he would talk to me if he saw me, but not approach me if he had to. That just puzzled me more.

I watched uselessly as Scott disappeared into the distance.