Pretend

It was too overwhelming, all Scott could think about was how hurt he was about what Jimmy had said. Friends. They were more than friends, weren't they? A tear fell from his eye as he laid on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He had isolated himself away in his room for a whole day, not talking to anyone. He didn't want anyone to see him like this, especially Jimmy.

There was a knock on the door, but Scott just ignored it. He didn't want to talk to anyone, he just wanted to be alone. "Scott? Are you home?" Hearing that it was Jimmy made Scott want to stay in his room even more now. "Scott?"

Scott was starting to get annoyed that Jimmy wouldn't leave, so he decided to answer the door in hopes that he would be able to convince Jimmy to go. He slowly pushed against the bed, standing up, then walked out of his room and over to the door, wiping his tears away and putting on a straight face.

He opened the door and was greeted by a happy face. "Jimmy?" Scott was surprised at how easy it was to keep a neutral expression.

"Scott!" Jimmy launched at Scott, wrapping his arms around him, but pulled away when he realized Scott wasn't hugging back. "Scott? What's wrong?"

Scott was about to yell until he remembered to keep his calm, he had to make Jimmy think he was still the same emotionless elf he was yesterday. "Nothing. I'm fine." He wanted to yell at Jimmy so bad, he was so angry. What was wrong?! Was Jimmy that oblivious?!

"You don't look fine. Please, just tell me what's wrong..."

Scott couldn't take it anymore, he snapped. "What's wrong? WHAT'S WRONG?! WHAT DO YOU THINK JIMMY?! I ASKED YOU TO BE MY BOYFRIEND AND YOU SAY YES, THEN YOU GO AROUND SAYING WE ARE JUST 'FRIENDS!' WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

"Sc-Scott..."

"No! I don't want to deal with this right now!" Scott slammed the door and ran to his room, tears pooling down his face. He had tried so hard to keep it in, but seeing Jimmy made it really hard, he didn't seem to even care what he had done.

"Scott! Wait!" A tear fell from Jimmy's eye. He had made a huge mistake, Scott was now mad at him, and all because he got nervous and accidently said they were just friends. "Scott, please..." More tears poured from his eyes. Jimmy turned around to walk away, but stopped, he couldn't bring himself to leave Scott like this. He leant up against the door and slid down to the ground, bringing his knees up to his chest and hugging them tight. He had made a big mistake.

After a while, Scott had finally started to calm down a little and decided to go outside to get some fresh air. He raised his arm up to his face and wiped his tears away using his sleeve, then walked out of his room and to the front door, opening it. He was shocked to see Jimmy sitting there, crying. "Jimmy?" 

Hearing a voice behind him, Jimmy immediately turned around. "Sc-Scott..."

Scott walked over and sat down next to Jimmy. "I'm sorry for yelling at you." Scott's face softened into a apologetic look.

Jimmy turned to face him, a confused look on his face. "You're sorry? I'm the one that should be sorry, Scott. I got nervous, I wasn't thinking and I just blurted it out..." A tear fell from his eye. "I'm so sorry. I-I don't want you to be my f-friend, I want you to be my b-boyfriend. I hated when you were mad at me. I missed you so m-much..." He turned his eyes to look at the ground, avoiding looking into Scott's eyes.

"J-Jimmy..." Scott stopped for a second, unsure how to respond. Could he really forgive Jimmy that quickly? Did he need more time? It all became clear when he saw Jimmy tear up even more. He hated seeing him like this. Scott suddenly wrapped an arm around Jimmy, comforting him. "I-I missed you too..."

Jimmy jumped a little at the sudden touch, then, realizing it was Scott, smiled and leant his head on Scott's shoulder. They both closed their eyes and relaxed, glad to be in each others presence once again. "I'm s-sorry, Scott."

"Shh... It's ok Jimmy, I forgive you." Scott smiled and pulled Jimmy closer, laying his head on Jimmy's.

"Sc-Scott?"

"Yeah?" 

"Do-Do you want to be my b-boyfriend?" Jimmy nervously sat, awaiting a response.

Scott smiled. "Of course! Why do you think I asked you before?" They both chuckled and Jimmy looked up to face Scott.

"I-I love you Sc-Scott."

Scott's smile grew. "I l-love you too." Jimmy laid his head back down, Scott doing the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the shorter chapter, I'll try to make the next one longer. I hope you're enjoy the story so far.