An idea

Sorry for the long wait on this chapter, I had exams last week and had to concentrate on them, but they are over now so I am able to start writing again.

I'll try to get a few chapters ahead so I can gradually post them and not fall behind again.

Enjoy!

The sound of thunder rumbled throughout the kingdom, awakening any who had previously been asleep. Lightning strikes shot in every direction, lighting up the whole sky. Snow pelted from above causing the ground to turn white, roofs were covered, ponds were turned to ice.

The Rivendell King didn't need a storm to keep him awake though, all he could think about was Jimmy being taken by the demon, by his brother. The vision kept playing loops in his head, the figure appearing behind Jimmy, then suddenly both of them disappearing into thin air. It was like it was playing in slow motion and there was nothing Scott could do to save Jimmy.

He had to think of a plan to get Jimmy back, but where was he even going to start? He had no idea where his brother would have even taken him. Wait! That's it! Scott immediately sprung up from his previous position on his bed, his thoughts running a hundred miles per hour.

There was one place that was worth checking, one place he had been every day of his childhood, one place his brother knew all too well. A sudden sadness overcame him as the memories came back to him.

----------

Xornoth had been playing outside near the forest surrounding Rivendell. The one rule they had was to never pass the trees, all of the children of Rivendell were told stories of the dangers that lie beyond the boundaries.

Xornoth was the rebellious type, so of course it was no surprise that he had stepped only the slightest bit further in, wanting to prove the stories wrong. It was only meant to be a step, he was going to come straight back out, but it was like something was pulling him, edging him in further.

He had lost full control of his legs as they continued to walk him past the borders. He knew he would be in huge trouble if he was caught, but he needed to know what was out there that was so dangerous.

He wasn't stupid though, as he walked further in he made sure to drag his foot against the dusty stones, drawing a line from the entrance so he wouldn't get lost.

Eventually he came across a cave opening, intriguing him, so of course he just HAD to explore. It was a small cave, although there was plenty of room to walk around.

After his little adventure through the forest, Xornoth barged into Scott's room, swinging the door open. Scott wasn't expecting the sudden sound, so he jumped, nearly falling off his bed. When he realized it was only his annoying older brother he turned his gaze to Xornoth, glaring at him.

Xornoth had explained to Scott all about the cave and what he had found with Scott's disapproving looks. After a while of convincing, Xornoth had finally managed to get Scott to follow him.

The whole journey consisted of Scott's worrying words and nervous glances behind them.

Since that day the cave had turned into their little hide out that only they knew about, they would sneak away most days to just hang out and enjoy the peace, it was what brought the two closer.

----------

Scott was starting to miss the old Xornoth, only two days ago he had been his normal self, annoying Scott when he could, standing up for him when their parents disapproved of something he did.

But there was no time to contemplate the past, he had to save Jimmy and hopefully save his brother from whatever corruption was taking over.

Scott looked around and realized it was still night time, still pelting down with snow, and still storming. There was no way he could go out in that whether, if Scott put himself in danger just by going out in that then who was going to save Jimmy.

He sighed and laid his head back down to his pillow, trying to forget about the tragic events from the day and trying to convince himself that Jimmy was going to be ok.

The fear of what was going to happen to Jimmy was too much and it took Scott hours to get to sleep, and even in a sleeping state he couldn't escape the worry, all of his dreams consisted of something to do with Jimmy being in danger.

Every time Jimmy was about to be hurt, Scott would wake up, terrified of what could happen.