Date gone wrong

~A few days later~

Scott's POV

I was getting ready to go meet up with Jimmy, I put my shoes on, grabbed a picnic basket with some food for us and started heading to the coordinates we agreed on. As I was walking, I kept thinking about Jimmy, how he interrupted a whole wedding just to be with me. I still couldn't believe it. I smiled to myself, thinking of how annoyed Chloe was.

My heart dropped as I arrived at the coordinates and saw Jimmy kissing someone else. I couldn't process what was happening, the basket slipped from my hands and tears welled up in my eyes. I ran away as fast as I could, now crying. I couldn't believe he did this. Why? Why stop my wedding just to kiss someone else? I kept running until I eventually reached Rivendell again and ran straight to my room, ignoring my brother's concerns. I curled up into a ball on my bed and just let myself cry.

I heard a knock on my door. "Scott? Are you ok?" I recognised my brother's Scottish accent.

I let out a small sniff. "Y-Yeah..." 

"Can I come in?" I could hear the worry in his voice, so I let him. The door opened and Xornoth walked in. "What happened? Are you ok?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine..." I looked down to avoid eye contact.

"Scott, if you don't tell me, I can't help you through it." I looked back up and examined his face for a second, then burst out into tears again.

"J-Jimmy...h-he...he..." I trailed off, not being able to finish my sentence, it hurt too much to think about.

"It's ok, I'm sure it wasn't that bad. Try to calm down a little so you can tell me what's wrong." Xornoth has never really been the best at pep talks, I know he was only trying to help.

I stopped crying for a second and looked up. "Jimmy kissed someone else..." Then I looked back down and started crying again. I couldn't compose myself enough to tell him any more. 

"Oh..." He must have realized how wrong he had been about it not being that bad. "Uh, are you sure Jimmy kissed someone else?"

I looked up, shocked that he was defending him. "I saw it with my own eyes!"

"No, what I mean is, what if he had no choice, like...he was forced." Why was he trying to justify this? Jimmy kissed someone else! What else could have happened?!

"He wasn't! I saw them kissing!" By now I had lost my temper, not in the mood to deal with whatever he was talking about.

"Scott-"

"Please leave..." I said in a quiet mumble. I couldn't believe he was on Jimmy's side, I thought he was my brother. I thought he was meant to help me, not defend Jimmy. He sighed and started to leave, then turned back around.

"Just...give him a chance to explain..." Then he turned back to the door and left, closing the door behind him.

~10 minutes earlier~

Jimmy's POV

I was waiting for Scott to arrive, I had left early because I was worried I was going to be late. I looked around to see if he was anywhere around the area, but I couldn't see him. I heard someone behind me and turned around, expecting Scott, but it was a tall, handsome man I had never seen before. "Hey cutie."

"Um...hi?"

"You're looking good today." 

I was so confused at what was happening. Was he hitting on me? I wasn't sure because it had never happened before. No ones ever come up to me and said I was cute and looked good. I wasn't sure how to react. "Thanks? I think." I frantically looked around for Scott, I didn't want to be hear alone with this creep anymore.