𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈: Completely out of tension

A/N
I haven't got the time to edit this particular chapter and I didn't want to postpone the update because of that one reason. It's not unnormal that you'll find way more errors than in former ones. I'll edit this chapter as soon as I get any free time. . .and add a better author's note too. Thank you :)

I had successfully avoided King and his calls throughout the weekend and up until the first day of school.

Right now, I was seated on one of the black seats in the library because this was the last place King would visit. My new dark-blue blazer was hung over the seat.

Just one week, I reassured myself, and then I'll talk to him about whatever is going on between us.

There was no one I could talk to about this, not even Sandra. She had caught us kissing and every other thing that followed was panic-driven. Rowan was making me even more stupid. He called me naive when I called him and told him about it. "It's just a kiss, stupid. That skirtchaser's probably had a thousand more. Now get over it and focus on your life!"

Sighing, I turned to the next page of the thick novel and concentrated on reading. Maybe I did need to get over it. What we'd done, was done completely out of... Tension? Wasn't that what Cole called it?

I didn't realize someone pulling a seat beside me and sitting down until a deep timid voice said, "Hey."

I turned just as Griffin pushed his eyeglasses closer to his nose in nervousness, the veins in his hand more noticeable. He managed a smile. "Are you busy?"

"I was just getting through on my project. Mister Nicholas wanted me done with it before- No, I'm not busy," I said instead when I saw his tense body drain down in disappointment. He pushed the hem of his blazer further down. The badge on it clearly wrote 'Senior Prefect' and then the logo of Rose-Gold High was under it.

They had called the names and positions this morning during the school's usually assembly. Sandra Khaling, as expected, got her dream position as event/social prefect. What wasn't expected was Luan emerging as Deputy Senior Prefect and Headgirl of Rose-Gold High.

Well, who didn't know her daddy was capable of being involved in it.

I was called out as Laboratory Prefect and now, those lessons with Mr Steve were now totally unavoidable, pretty much.

Griffin seemed unconvinced with my reply and I felt the need to reassure a timid boy like him, now Senior Prefect.

"You want to talk about something?" I pushed.

"Uh, yeah. I... Actually, I wanted to... Thank you. For, you know, the Josh situ-"

"Snr Griffin," I forced back a laugh. "We're at the library. Talk to me."

He pushed his eyeglasses even closer and smiled. His dimples appeared. Griffin was a quiet person, but he could talk, we used to during our book exchanges. His current act, now, was weird.

I mean sure, sometimes, well most times, my mouth did keep shut when I had something to say. But Griffin wasn't me. There was a difference.

"I know," he chuckled. "It's... I'm scared."

"Of me?"

He sighed and stared at the tabletop, rubbing his finger against it. "Emery, you pressed a knife to Josh's neck without thinking twice."

I remembered the fight; it's barely been a week. Josh hadn't been coming to school, he was in the hospital, or probably back home, recovering. I shuddered at the thought of blood running down his neck.

I had done that.

Griffin and I were quiet for seconds but the heaviness in his eyes was proof that he had more to say. I flipped a page, this time I wasn't reading. I couldn't.