𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈: Prinexha: Asterion, my blood

My hand dropped to the sides, terminating the stream of fire. Seeing Crypta amazingly handling his shield made my heart beat with admiration, excitement, and fear. Alongside the realization that, for a split second, I had a potential murderer.

When Crypta realized he was not under attack anymore, he unclenched his fist, dropped his hands to the side, and the blue concave forcefield vanished.

We stayed that way, staring at each other. I turned away and held the upper arm of my left hand in my right, rubbing it nervously. The vein on my left hand was throbbing, like there was a rope preventing blood flow. A liquid ran down my cheek and rested on my lower lip. Instinctively, I brought my tongue out and tasted the salty pain.

"I..." I could barely croak out. "I'm sor--"

"I will send for Herald and leave you to proceed with your training." Crypta, on the other hand, had a clear voice. It was formal and firm like his father, as though nothing had happened seconds ago. He walked confidently to the bench, grabbed his coat, and hung it on his lower arm, in a very royal-like manner. When he was at the door, he turned. "I have to admit, Emerald, I am impressed with your recent development." Then, the door slid open and he disappeared into the training room.

I stood beside the trajectory. One of the suspenders had cut in half and the pipe had fallen. The end of the pipe was a burnt black, confirming the realness of what had happened.

Tears ran freely from my eyes. I couldn't control anything. Not my tears, not my pain.

Crypta had been wrong. Merwinian stones did make a mistake; I was that mistake.

***

In a pair of purple pyjamas, I walked barefoot to the Nesylone Waters. It was much more admirable in the night, reflecting the skies of many crystals. I didn't get too far, having concluded that Tevessa's family had blocked me out.

I couldn't blame them. I was a potential threat, visiting them while still being a Royal's ally.

When I got to the bank, I sat beside it and ran my fingers around the water. At first, the water felt cold, but as it glowed under my touch, I could feel the temperature heating up. The waters was drawing itself to me, subtly pleading to jump inside.

It was a temptation I couldn't resist; I needed the comfort badly. Taking off the pyjama shirt and trousers, I jumped into the water. The waters' hue covered my nakedness. A rush of relief flooded me as I brought my head out and ran my hands along my hair. I felt my body loosen instantly. For a split second, I forgot all my problems.

Turning away from the bank, I stared at the water as I walked farther from the rocks, deeper into the water. The waterfall was an even better view at night, it looked like liquid crystals pouring out into the water, pouring all that comfort in.

Asterion water. It was mine too because I had grasgi-hi and nes-hi de Asterion. Asterion power and crystal. Asterion was my blood, according to Crypta.

It was supposed to be scary for me that I was tied to the Zadios in a way, yet, I wasn't scared of it. If for anything, more relief washed over me. What would have happened if I had developed a Neymen power, then?

I didn't understand anything. Not why Crypta had chosen me. Indirectly, it meant Neba had chosen me, only using Crypta as a medium. A part of me felt the choice was not dependent on what Crypta had thought of while walking through the portal the first time.

I didn't understand Neba's propaganda one tiny bit.

First, he made the people of Zadiona lose to the Royals of Neba. Then, he'd shown the people of Zadiona the perfect hiding spot. Following, he'd given Crypta rare Merwinian stones so that he could get to me.