𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈: The source of - and answer to - all of my problems

Griffin's tall body was still standing there with wide eyes, a bunch of keys beside his leg. I was slowly catching my breath, not able to comprehend Kimberly's now limp body. A tear rolled down my cheek just as I knelt beside Kimberly and sat her up, frantically reaching for my water bottle and pouring water on my palm. I sprinkled some on her.

It didn't work.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and my body tensed until I recognized Griffin's familiar hairy hand. "You're going to tell on me, aren't you?"

Griffin was quiet. I knew he was contemplating. I had done something utterly wrong, something I would kill Josh for doing.

"I'll take her to the sickbay." He went over to Kimberly and effortlessly carried her bridal style. "You go home."

I shook my head and tried to put her lifeless hands around Griffin's neck. Griffin pulled back. "Just go home, Emery."

"But-"

"Go away!" His topaz eyes went rigid but I could see the fear in his eyes, the fear that I would hurt him. I pulled back to give him a silent reassurance. "Just go away!" He walked past me and grabbed Kimberly's bag. "Do it now before I alert the principal," he threatened.

I stared at him for a few seconds, checking the genuineness in his eyes. He was goddamn serious. I rushed to Kimberly's table and quickly grabbed all the books that had fallen and forced them into my bag. I hung my bag over one shoulder and walked out of the class.

I made my way to the bathroom, opened the door and shut it as loudly and quietly as I could. And then I groaned loudly, I needed to get this off my chest.

Sighing, I took off the blazer and threw it against the basin, resting my hand on it and staring at the mirror. I groaned again and again and again. Anything to get Crypta out of my mind.

And then I saw it: the deep red colour in my eyes, piercing through my pupils and radiating around. I could see a familiar dragon moving around my head, I could feel it. It was saying things to me, making my head hurt.

I gripped my head and screamed. Tears rolled down my eyes in fear and uncertainty? What was happening to me? Was I becoming mad?

The shouting didn't stop. Knives against knives, swords against swords, skins slapping. I gripped my head tighter shutting my eyes completely, but I could still see everything, clearer now, even.

It was an intense battle. Huge figures battling with one another. Blood everywhere in the darkness, under a sky of twinkling crystals. I could hear crying, shouting, Cirile orders. My head was pounding.

"No. Please, stop. Leave me alone!" But it wasn't working. Instead, I could feel heat running through my body. The noises were louder, piercing through my ears, defeating me.

My legs wobbled in fragility and I held onto the basin for support and opened my eyes. They were now red, not flashing, but a deep deadly shade of red. One that scared me too. A gold liquid ran down my eyes.

No, this had to be my imagination.

I turned on the faucet and washed my face, frantically sprinkling the water on my forehead and eyes. I took off my bag since it was so much weight. My hands were trembling, thoughts of Kimberly squirming and slumping under me resurfacing.

I rubbed my palms together in agony. An image of blood running down Josh's neck appeared. I rubbed harder, breathing in and out. Somehow, King flashed in my head, him pinning me against the door, me letting our tongues meet, Sandra walking in with a horrifying hurt look on her face.

I rubbed even harder, trying to take the intense thoughts away. I'd shouted at Mr Steve when he offered me lessons for free, and then Mr McMahon, and now it was Mr Nicholas. Tears, gold liquid, they ran down together, mixing. Hatred coursed through my veins.