Chapter 19

The satisfaction of hearing Justin gasp was almost more than I could handle. All barriers were down. The lines had been crossed. There was no going back now.

Justin's hands seemed to agree, as they wandered over my bare thighs, brushed gently along my ribs, and reached up to cup my face. He pressed his lips back to mine, changing our tempo and slowing down.

My mind was foggy, and I couldn't think straight, not that I wanted to. Justin had this way of making me forget the world around me, and that was usually when I was just in his presence. Now? I was completely blank, the only thing I could focus on was the way he made me feel with the smallest of touches.

Nothing else mattered.

Until a loud bang caused me jump and pull back from the kiss.

"Wow! Sorry!" came Darcy's surprised voice as Justin flipped me around, shielding me with his own body. "That's... wow..."

"Goodbye Darcy," Justin said, turning to wave her away.

When he looked back down at me, where I laid between the armrest of the couch and his naked torso, he gave me a sheepish grin. I pressed my palm against his chest, over his tattoo, and pushed gently. He took the hint and sat up, pulling me with him.

I cleared my throat as I untangled our legs and stood up. Looking around the living room, I noticed Darcy had disappeared. But that didn't matter. She had seen us doing whatever it was we were doing. A flush of embarrassment covered my body and a lump had already formed in my throat. Hastily, I pulled my skirt back down to where it should be.

"You okay?" Justin asked cautiously.

I didn't dare look at him as I started tucking in my blouse, and I didn't trust my self to speak, so I hummed and nodded.

A set of heavy footsteps sounded in the hall, and I looked up to see Isaac bound through the doorway on trail to the kitchen. "Morning," he said, looking at us curiously. I would probably do the same if I walked into such a tension-filled room to see one person half naked and the other standing timidly and avoiding eye-contact. When neither of us said anything, Isaac continued into the kitchen.

"Ellie," Justin began, standing up beside me.

I turned to him, face to chest, not sure of anything. Coherence had returned and she was weaving some very tangled webs in my mind. 

Justin's slight frown and concerned eyes weren't helping either.

Familiar giggles sounded through the door and I took a step away from Justin as Sascha and Dale ran into the room, his hands catching her around the waist.

"Morning," I squeaked, hoping to sound normal. By the way Sascha's eyebrows rose as she glanced curiously between me and a shirtless Justin, I'd failed.

Justin cleared his throat and reached for his shirt, which had ended up on the floor. He pulled it over his head swiftly.

"I'll just go grab my purse," Sascha said with a wide grin, taking hold of Dale's hand and pulling him out of the room. Dale's smirk as he trailed after her reminded me of the position we'd just been in.

I hooked up with Justin in the middle of his living room, where anyone could walk in and see. And they had!

When I looked back up at him, the worry in his expression had deepened. He reached for my hand, the one hanging by my side, not the one fiddling with my collar.

"Are we okay with what..." he trailed, not finishing his sentence.

I slowly pulled my hand from his, giving him a small smile. "Y-yeah," I stammered. "But we should really get going to work. I'm covering most of Sascha's shift because she has her sister's hen's party tonight. It's going to be a really long day." I was waffling as I walked around the coffee table and to the doorway.