Chapter V: Hit Me With Your Best Shot!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

So here is the next chapter, I think it's too long..hehe

enjoy! enjoy! enjoy! :D

***

And now I give you... Rafael’s POV:

Picnics, swimmings, sleep overs and a lot of other fun stuffs we’ve done that we didn’t noticed summer was almost over and a week from now, me and karmiy (scarlet) will set forth to college. Karmiy seems excited about it, especially that we’re still together in the same university. When she found out that I’ll be going in University of Hamilton (I just made this up :D) in San Francisco, she didn’t hesitated to also apply in the said university and she was easily accepted. She’ll be majoring in journalism because writing is her passion and she’s really good at it. Her parents were very much supportive on her decision making me more envious on her.

Her family is a great example of a perfect family. She has a great and supportive father, a very kind, funny and sometimes crazy mother that cooks unbelievably appetizing dishes. Her carbonara is to die for. And also she has a doll-like younger sister which she’s pretty close with. I envy her so much but I never tell her that. I didn’t tell her anything about the issues in my family, especially about my father.

I’m really having ambivalent feelings about karmiy still being with me in college…

A part of me says that I’m happy because she’ll be with me. She’s the one person that always makes me happy, effortlessly makes me laugh with her awkward gestures, her frequent daydreaming and argument with, which she termed, “annoying voice in her head” and her cheeks that turned scarlet (just like her name) whenever I do or say something to her that she didn’t expected. She has a beautiful personality that radiates her beautiful face which she seems clueless about it.

And a part of me says that I didn’t want her to be there, finding out about my past and what a stone-hearted and manipulative father I have.

She knows that I and my mom moved from Georgia because mom was transferred here in New York for her work. She knows that my parents got divorced when I was a kid, six years old to be exact and that I have an older brother that grew up with my dad. But she doesn’t know the reason why my parents got divorced and why I ended up living with my mom. She doesn’t ask any questions because she knows that I don’t want to talk about it even if I can see how curious she is. And I thank her for that.

The other thing she doesn’t know is the real reason why I’m going to University of Hamilton and why I chose to have my degree majoring in biology for my pre-med. I never wanted to be a doctor. Ever since a kid, I dreamt to be a famous photographer but this dream will never come true… for the sake of my mom and for me to still be with her, the only true family I have. She’s the one who took care of me ever since I was born. I never had a father figure growing up which explains why I’m like this, a gay. I love my mom so much and I will do anything not to be separated from her that is why I’m doing this.—

“Hey big head!” scarlet’s voice from the bathroom echoed removing me from my dazed state. “Are you finished placing my things in the box?”

My brows knitted in confusion. I removed some of my dark brown hair covering my blue eyes that girls really love (I know, I’m really a big head) then I gasped. Oh crap! I forgot I should be helping karmiy packing while she went for a quick shower.

I paced in her room finding the box and started placing the books from her study table. Her room is really neat which doesn’t surprise me because karmiy is very organized. She has a crazy number of collections of novel books from Paulo Coelho, Sidney Sheldon, J.K. Rowling, Nicholas Sparks, Sherlock Holmes, even E.L. James… name it she got it! It is placed orderly in a black colored wooden shelf hanging on the deep-blue wall at the left corner of her room near her bed which is covered with red sheets.