Chapter XXVI: An Ominous Scene

What word rhymes with love?

Dove?

Above?

Frog?

Frog and Love? Pfft. Nice one Scarlet, very poetic!

Argh!

How about word that rhymes with hurt?

Blurt?

Spurt?

Shirt?

Dirt?

Flirt?

Oh God! This is a bad idea! I’m not good at this!

Okay, breathe... Word that rhymes with sick?

Pick?

Kick?

Click?

Trick?

Stick?—

“How about dic—”

“ELINA!!!” I growled and threw the notebook I’m holding in her direction

My ever green-minded roommate burst out laughing that she even doubled-over on the carpeted floor, clutching her stomach.

“You have such a dirty mind! And how did you even hear me?” I snapped. As far as I know, I’m only speaking inside my head.

El was hyperventilating as she sat straight on the floor, then composed herself from laughing, “Scarlet, I was just helping and of course I can hear you since you were so engrossed murmuring to yourself” She tried to informed through her mirth

So it’s normal for me talking to myself huh.

I glared at her but sighed with frustration thinking that it’s no use getting mad at my insane roommate. I should focus on my problem, which is making that stupid poem!

“I’m not poetic” I muttered under my breath, “I don’t know how to make my poem about love, particularly, about how to love a guy” I frowned gazing at Elina who was busy checking her nails

In a matter of seconds, a pillow was in Elina’s face, I heard an ‘Oomph’ from her and I can’t help but smother a laugh seeing her scowl.

She glared at me but I just shrugged with a knowing smile on my lips.

“You could put Scarlet ‘The abusive’ on your poem, it rhymes well with illusive” She grumbled getting up then making her way to the mirror to check her face

I huffed, my eyes turned to slits, “So I’m illusive now?”

Looking at the mirror, she then giggled like she forgot she was mad at me, “Guilty much? I’m still helping with your poem dear”

“Am not! And you weren’t even listening!” I retorted

“I am listening. I just love checking my nails” She replied facing me then checked her nails, AGAIN.

“Ugh. It’s no use! I think I have no poem to present infront of the class” I flopped myself, face down, on my bed with a grunt. I’m already giving up making a love poem.

Maybe I’ll just pretend I’m sick so I can extend making it and present it by myself to Mr. Cooper.

How about Raf? I forgot... it’s a poem battle

I heard footsteps of Elina walking towards me then felt her sat at the edge of my bed.

“Never give up my ever precious roommate” Elina encouraged stroking my hair, “You can just ask for help”