Chapter XLIV: Something Stupid

Merry Chritmas my ever beautiful readers!

It's the last chapter and if I'm in a good mood, I'll post the epilogue tomorrow.

read away! :)

***

‘Wait for me’

After Three years, six months, twenty one days and four hours…

Here I am, still waiting.

I would have known the minutes and seconds passed but it’s an exaggerated move on my part.

Who am I kidding?

It’s still exaggeration that I’ve been counting hours, days, months, and years from the time… he went away.

I’ll scratch the words I’ve said before that you’ll get used to not seeing someone as time passes by. Seriously.

How will you get used to it when you’ll get more and more aggravated asking yourself everyday when will the person comes back? Or the better question would be, is he coming back?

I feel like a hypocrite around people and mostly to myself, wearing a smile everytime I’m around them. Acting like everything’s fine and that I’m okay continuing my life even though deep down inside, I’m shattering to pieces.

If I have more money in my pocket, but no I’m not as rich as Raf’s family since I just started my first job as an intern in a well-known magazine company here in New York, I should’ve bought myself a plane ticket and fly straight where he is right now.

But surprise, surprise… I don’t have any idea where he is!

I breathe deeply to calm myself, feigning listening to one of my co-worker and close friend in the office. Raf would be amaze when he’ll see me with the person I’m with. And I’m thinking about him again! Crap.

Stop it Scarlet. There’s no use in waiting.

I shook my head as I watch him showing me, more like moving excitedly, how would be a nice photo be taken here in Central Park. We were tasked to go on location and find the right place for a marriage proposal cover. How fascinating.

I rolled my eyes at the thought.

It’s not that I don’t want what I’m doing. The theme is what I’m annoyed at.

Or you’re just annoyed about a ‘couple’ theme.

Oh yes I am like I’m annoyed with the voice in my head. After so many years it’s still on my head, annoying the best of me.

I got my dream job. Who would have thought? Maybe because I focused solely on my studies to divert my attention. After graduation, I got a call from the companies I sent my résumé, went for my interviews and viola!

I reminded myself that I should thank him. Because of him, I got an exceptional GPA that led me in landing the job that I really wanted.

But even if I’m happy with my work, I’m getting really well with the people in the office, I’m close enough to see my parents… there’s still missing and people I’m close with know what is it. Or the proper term would be, who is it.

Speaking of the people I’m close with… I wish they were here. I miss them so much.

Ruby went in the same University as me. She went straight after their high school graduation and is now taking up psychology. She said she wanted to be a doctor. She just got back in San Francisco for her third year in college. We still have our endless communication everyday and are very much closer, especially now that she’s the one having a guy problem. Not that I have no guy problems anymore.