Chapter XXVII: Losing the Battle

Yellow!

It's a bit late but I updated! :D

I changed the title of the last chapter 'coz I think it's too serious and cheesy. Nyehe.

The song Rupert sent to Scarlet is "Everything" by Lifehouse.

I also want to give a huge smooch and thank you to @CZATOLOGY for helping me making the poems. Thank you my dearest!

The banner on the side was made by the beautiful and amazing @ImHere4You! Thank you soooo much love!

Warning: The poems is not directed in general especially to gays and girls.

I really hope you will Vote and Comment for this chapter.

Weeeeeee! I'm a mocking bird so I'll fly for now and you fabulous people just read! read! read! ^_^

***

I can feel my heart beating so fast, so fast I can almost hear it. I roamed my eyes around the room and saw our classmates busy doing their own thing. Some were laughing and seem relaxed while the others looked anxious, reading papers and talking to their partner. As for me, I don’t care about the project anymore. I don’t even care about the feedback of Mr. Cooper on my poem.

I have a bigger and more important problem to solve. And I can’t think straight waiting for him to come. My nerves were already wracking since yesterday when he walked out on me. I can’t blame him if he’s mad ‘cause I’ll be feeling the same thing when I’ll see him kissing Christina on the lips. I wanted to talk to him but he’s been MIA since yesterday. I wanted to tell him my side of the story and clear everything out.

Trust...

It all goes down to that simple yet powerful word. Remembering yesterday’s event, he told me I already broke his trust. It pained me to hear him say that. And to think I didn’t do anything wrong or at least that’s what I think.

My eyes are still puffy at this moment but I don’t care covering it up and putting a fake smile to my lips. Some people give me weird looks like I had grown another head but still I don’t care. My life is in topsy turvy and it’s all just happened because…

I blew out a long sigh, closing my eyes to clear my mind.

When? That’s the big question to me right now.

When will everything turn back to where it was?

When will I say I’m fully happy?

When will all the drama stop?

When?

“Relax Scarlet. Everything will be alright” Elina soothed answering my question in my head

I opened my eyes and gaze at her. She had a small smile on her lips and concern seen in her eyes. She came back in our dorm saving me when I was bawling my heart out. I didn’t even remember how and when did I sleep because exhaustion engulfed my whole body. I woke, still feeling tired but nonetheless idly prepare for class.

“How do you know that?” I asked, my voice hoarse from too much crying

She held my hand and gently squeezed it, “Because I’m a crazy optimistic lady. If I say everything will be alright, it will be” She assured, smiling genuinely

I smiled back, “You do know you finally admitted that you’re crazy”

“I’m just a good, sexy and pretty friend trying to make a depress woman smile and just so you know, you will never hear me repeat that” She quipped