Chapter XXIII: The Black Ball

As promised, I updated after two days. ^_^

I laughed reading your comments and suggestions...

Let's just say, someone got their wish granted. *wink*

The picture on the side is Christina's and Elina's ball gown/ dress.

Let's get ready to rumble! This chapter is soooooo long. :D

***

Rafael’s POV

I was speechless the moment my eyes met hers. I can’t think straight.

I don’t really want to go tonight since I have more important things to do. When Liam came in our dorm room yesterday giving me the invitation, I actually felt flattered.

But looking at him at that moment, I felt that something has changed. I don’t know yet what is it but I do know I get more and more confused to what I’m feeling.

I was about to say that I might not make it but he used his ‘I don’t take no for an answer’ line to me. So I just responded an ‘okay, I will go’ but planned to not really come. I don’t know the people who would come and I don’t even have something to wear.

But I’ve totally changed my mind last morning when I came to visit karmiy in their dorm room. I saw her with Liam walking towards the parking lot. I had a very strong feeling that Liam asked karmiy as his date for tonight. Surely, I got it right as I saw a grinning Elina exiting the dorm informing me that karmiy went shopping for her dress.

I didn’t even finished Elina talked as I walked straight back to our room, took Rupert’s car keys and drove to a nearest mall to buy a suit for myself.

With my black suit on, I decided to go to the ball alone. I entered the hall and saw it was already filled with groups of people in their finest and elegant suits and gowns. I saw familiar faces inside the campus as I try to move through the crowd. Reaching the end of the stairs, I tried to look for someone I know so I won’t look stupid standing alone in this gathering. As I searched at the entire vast hall, my eyes have its own mind when it swiftly gazed at a red-haired lady who was apparently staring at me.

And there I saw Her...

“Karmiy...”

She’s breath-taking.

And I think it’s literally since I can’t breathe normally.

I know karmiy is a beautiful lady but tonight she looks different. It’s like there’s something in her tonight that makes her beauty glow and stands out from every girl inside this hall.

Her black lace dress is perfect, like it’s made just for her. It complimented well with her fiery red hair which is tied back making her look simple yet elegant at the same time. But what really made her more beautiful are her pale-blue orbs that were strikingly emphasized by the make-up she’s wearing for this night.

She looked stunned at the moment as I was still studying her face. Maybe she’s anxious with all these rich people around, I know she wasn’t used to these kinds of things. So I gave her a smile to make her feel at ease.

Painfully, I averted my gaze at her then my eyes instantly narrowed as I saw guys in every direction looking straight at karmiy with their eyes shown admiration and lust. They were eye raping her, as what karmiy used when Ms. Loquacious was staring at me. It’s like they already have the image of karmiy being naked inside their hollow, dirty minds. I felt my blood boiling, enraged with these guys.

With my fists clenched and body shaking with anger, I only have one thought in mind...

Not a single guy will come near my karmiy tonight.