Chapter 3: Dreaded Dine

School. Honestly, you would think my parents would’ve homeschooled us because we moved around a lot to make sure we didn’t fall behind, but for some bizarre reason we had to attend normal school. Something about being regular humans . . . ?

Anyways, I pulled up to Merriweather with trepidation nesting in my chest. I didn’t want to come across him again. No, that was the last thing I wanted. He can go and be a stalker and a creep, but in a few months, I won’t matter to him anymore.

I sighed and walked into the school. I could see in the school commons a group of people near the back and wolf practically radiated off of them. There were hardly four people, but I scrammed in the hallway near the front office, turning into the junior lockers. I unloaded my things in my locker, peeping around for any creepers, but I must’ve missed a spot because in the next moment, he was slouching against the locker again.

Straight face, I thought and I glared into my locker.

“I think your locker is going to win your staring contest,” he said.

My wolf was doing circles and yipping and reveling in pleasure from his cinnamon scent. I blatantly refused to smell him and I began breathing through my mouth. Bad idea. It felt like someone was stuffing cinnamon sticks down my throat.

“I think we got off on the wrong foot yesterday,” he continued. His cheeriness permeated my skin and I had the strangest urge to run into his arms. “We’re not going to hurt you, or interrogate you, or think you’re up to no good--and I don’t, especially because I’m not the Alpha.”

I knew that, I thought dryly. He didn’t smell as powerful as an Alpha did. I bit back a smirk.

“You’re obviously new here, and I don’t know how intimidating that can be, but I was wondering if you’d like me to show you around,” Theo offered.

I plastered on a smile that was edging on a grimace and turned to face him. He was really good looking, I had to admit. He had fluffy, thick, black hair that spiked up in a way that looked soft and silky, but completely untameable. He had electric green eyes, like someone had fused them with neon green pigment. His skin was fair and though he was tall and lanky, I could make out through his clothes that his arms were roped with average muscle. Being a werewolf, he was already stronger normally, so the muscles were deceiving to his actual strength. He was wearing a green tee shirt and Khaki’s, so his eyes nearly popped off his face.

“No, thank you,” I replied as sweetly as I could.

 “You sure?” he asked, raising his thick eyebrow. “It’s only your third day.”

“I’ve got it,” I reassured him and I shut my locker, slugging my backpack over my shoulder. I started walking down the hall, hoping he’d leave me alone. My heart was already racing and my cheeks were red. What was he doing to me?!

My blood jumped when he appeared at my side again and a freshman had to swerve to the side to avoid being crashed into. “Who’s your first period?”

Seriously? I can’t function when normal people try to talk to me, but here was this strange werewolf that I couldn’t handle my emotions around! “I . .. um.” I didn’t want to ask him to go away; that was rude. “Beaulieu,” I responded, looking at the floor, cuddling my books to my chest.

“French?” he asked.

I know nothing about you! Go away! “Yeah,” I responded, feeling really uneasy. The fact that he kept following me was freaking the crap out of me and I wanted him to stop.